Thursday, February 4, 2010

Great Plan - Failed

I had a great plan for today. I was going to run into town and take care of a few errands then head home to workout and edit pictures. I was going to finish the day off with cooking a wonderful meal for my husband.

That is not exactly how the day went. I made it to town and had breakfast at my new favorite place. From there I was headed to the mall to make a return. On the way to the mall the guy driving beside me was making all these hand signals. I finally decoded his had signals and figured out he was telling me my back tire was low.

I wasn't really surprised. About a month of ago I took my car to the dealership for a few repairs. I also need an inspection sticker. They would not pass my car because the back tire had a nail in the side wall. They also mentioned I needed to replace the other 3 tires. Jaime didn't really want to purchase all new tires from the dealership so we had planned on going to Discount Tire, but hadn't made it there.

Instead of heading to the mall I went to Jaime's office. By the time I made it there it was pretty much flat. I took Jaime's car to get a can of Fix a Flat. If you have never tried Fix a Flat, it totally works. We made it to Discount Tire with no problem. By this time it was Noon. They told me they didn't have my tires, but could get my tires and have it ready by closing. Great, but I didn't want to have to come all the way home then back into town.

Instead of driving all over the country I just stayed in town. I went to Target and returned an item and purchased four more. Can you ever go in target without buying something? I can't. I then went to the mall to return a piece of luggage. Instead of saving my credit I spent it all on clothes. I also got some new makeup. Not sure about the makeup, but I am going to try it.

Finally, my car was ready. It has four brand new tires and drives like a different car. My plan to spend most of the day at home and not spend any money turned into buying four new tires. That is way more than I wanted to spend and totally not what I wanted for the amount they cost.

2 comments:

Kara said...

There are many things that I HATE to spend money on... trash bags, dishwasher soap, etc. BUT tires, are totally at the top of my list. I always love the way the car drives with new tires, but HATE having to spend so much money on them!

Caroline said...

Sorry the day didn't go as planned. But, I'm glad you have new tires. I'll worry less about you.