Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Going Home

I am headed home today. It has almost been a month since I have been home for a extended period of time. A couple of weeks ago I went home for the weekend and then headed back to Lubbock. In some ways I am happy to be going home and other ways I am sad.

These are the HAPPY:
- So ready to sleep in my own bed.
- Ready to see James for more than two days at a time.
- I need to get back to working out. I eat really bad when I am in Lubbock.
- Will be great to get back to Bible Study.
- It will be nice to get back to the shooting and editing side of my business instead of paperwork.
- The weather in Lubbock is crazy. I never know what to expect.
- It will be nice to have all my clothes in one location. I didn't pack very well for the snow one day and the warm temperatures the next day.
- I miss my friends in San Antonio and I am ready to see them.
- I can't wait to catch up on my sleep.

These are the sad:
- Not ready to leave Ann and the kids.
- I love seeing all my family everyday and it will be a change not to see everyone.
- I love being able to get anywhere in Lubbock in 15 minutes.
- Eating meals with the family is like old times.
- I haven't done my own laundry in a month. Mom has been doing it and I love it.
- How will I survive without kisses and hugs from John and Caroline everyday.
- I have gotten a massage once a week since I have been here. Heaven!
- Hanging out with Doneece and basically doing nothing has been great.
- Going home to do James' laundry is likely to kill me. He has not done any laundry. I did his laundry two weeks ago, so I have two weeks worth of laundry waiting for me at home.
- Going to the grocery store will be a nightmare. James has not gone to HEB, but for bread.

It is time for me to go home. Things will be fine here without me. I am just so thankful that I have been able to be here the past few weeks. I am blessed to have a husband who totally supports me to up and leave him for a few weeks. I love you James!

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Thank you for coming Robin. I'm really sad for you to go. I'm going to miss you terribly. I can't even express how much it meant to me to have you here. You are an angel. I love you.

Thank you James for letting me borrow Robin for a month. I appreciate it.