Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Star of the Week

Caroline was Star of the Week last week at school. This is a really big deal in kindergarten! Caroline has been looking forward to this week for a long time. The main events of the week are you get to be the door holder, have someone read the class a book each morning, have someone join you for lunch and make a poster about yourself.

Caroline did all. Everyone morning someone read a book to her class. She loved picking the book for the class and having someone read. John even got to listen a few mornings before he went to school. Of course someone took her lunch everyday. Our family spent a lot of time at school last week. Doneece and I took her McDonald's on Friday. I forgot how crazy elementary lunch rooms are. It was so noise I couldn't even hear myself think. Caroline was the envy of all her friends. I think Caroline is the most popular kid in her class. All her classmates love her!

Caroline and Ann did a great job with the poster. Caroline had a hard time narrowing down the pictures, but she chose some really good ones. The poster turned out so cute!


On Friday night Caroline got a special surprise. Her sweet cousins, Madeline and Jake, sent her a cookie bouquet. They sent Caroline stars and John dinosaurs. The bouquets were super cute and super delicious. Everyone enjoyed them especially the kids.



Caroline is the best Star of the Week I have ever seen. She is my Star of the Week every week. Love that girl tons!!!

5 comments:

Jacqui said...

I LOVE that you love your family! Also, Kyle's off next week, do you want to meet up for lunch?

courtney said...

so cute! it's so fun for them to be the star of the week! i love her poster--the "my little pony" stickers are a great touch! :)

Abby said...

I love her!! I love seeing pictures of her! I'm so glad that she has such great family near and far. She is so happy in that picture. Appears she was very happy to have you there! I think Star of the Week fits her!!

Kara said...

So much fun for Caroline!

The cookies look awesome too!

Caroline said...

Thanks for all the pictures- and for blogging about my favorite girl. You take such good care of us.