Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Back From D.C.

I made it back from D.C. and I had a great time. I loved being there with Lara and the family! I so wish they still lived next door.

We didn't do too much. We spent lots of time catching up and it was great. My favorite part of the trip was going to a Washington Nationals game. Lara had never been to a MLB game so I took care of that.

We rode the Metro into the city for the game. It was so much better then traffic. I could never live in the D.C. area because of the traffic. It is pure craziness! The game was great. The Nationals played the Pirates. The Nationals won and it was a pretty exciting game. I wish we would have been there two days earlier to see Strasburg pitch his first Major League game. That didn't happen, but we got to see him in the dugout.

The ball park was nice. We had great seats. We were behind the visitors dugout about eight rows up. The hot dog wasn't the best I have ever had, but not the worst. They did have great fries. Overall it was a wonderful night at the ballpark.

Hopefully Devin is becoming a Tech fan instead of tu. He is at least wearing the shirt!

I love Pudge Rodriguez!


The Metro ride home was a little crazy. Not exactly the kind of stuff I can share on the blog. It is a Metro ride I will never forget.

So glad I had a chance to spend some time with wonderful friends. I am happy to be home for awhile. Of course now James is traveling. I really wish we could get our travel schedules on track. Maybe next week.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Very cool. Love the pics.