Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Gone Again

I am gone again and in D.C. this time. James has been home the past few weeks so I have been gone. For some reason we can not be home at the same time very often.

I can to D.C. to see Lara, Victor, Devin, Mady and Mily. I got here late Tuesday night after my delayed flight. We didn't get back to the house till after midnight. Talk about a long day. To top off the long day, Devin and I stayed up till 4am catching up. I hadn't stayed up that late in a long time. I think I am getting too old for that.

Because we stayed up so late we had to sleep late. Actually, most of yesterday was spent catching up on sleep. We made it to lunch and then we were right back to the house for a nap. We were up in time for dinner. Basically, all Devin and I accomplished yesterday was sleeping and eating. After dinner everyone else headed to bed because they hadn't slept all day like Devin and I.

Instead of watching bad TV all night, Devin and I headed to the movies. We saw "Killers" and it was great. I highly recommend it. It was funny and scary and just all around great. Go see it. We get home from the movie to find out that Nebraska is leaving the Big 12.

What??? No more Big 12? Why can't the Big 12 survive without Nebraska? Nebraska is good at football sometimes, but I definitely don't think they are the sports powerhouse of the conference. Where will Tech go? I am so confused and worried about what will happen. I am starting to like the idea of going to the Pac 10 or 16 or 24, whatever it may be. At least we could travel to some new places to see some football games.

I guess we will have to wait and see what happens with all this conference non-sense. While we are on the subject I would like to make it clear that I think there should be a playoff system for college football. If that means we need four powerhouse conferences then get to it.

4 comments:

Kara said...

i wish i was in dc! i guess it seems texas is bolting too and we'll all just follow. now i'm hearing that the "new" system should be in effect 2012.

courtney said...

tech will for sure go to the pac 10 (with the others). actually, nebraska was very smart in my opinion. since most of the big 12 south had already been invitited to the pac 10, it is inevitable that the big 12 will break up. NB might as well take a good offer when it comes along.

i'm somewhat sad to see the big 12 break up. i feel bad for baylor....i feel like my little brother is getting left out. :(

Caroline said...

I feel bad for Baylor too. Stupid Nebraska.

Abby said...

Of course we have been living this dramaa for a while now...I wish my aggies would figure out where the heck they are going. Get to it!

I am glad you put your playoff stance out there. For the life of me I can't figure out why it hasn't always been a playoff system...oh now I remember all the money is in "bowls", cause I'm sure no one would watch tv if there were a playoff. Geez