Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Suggestions Please

As you may recall I am turning 30 in September. I can hardly believe it, but it is happening. In order to celebrate the BIG 3-0 I have decided a trip is in order. I just can't decide where we should go. I am hoping you can help me out. Of course this will be a baseball based trip with other sight seeing involved.

Trip 1 - California
Start in San Diego. Spend a few days seeing the sights and see a Padres game. Drive to L.A. and see a Dodgers game and Angels game. James has been to San Diego before, but not L.A. I have never been to either place.

Trip 2 - Chicago
See a Cubs, White Sox and Brewers game. The Brewers and Cubs play in Milwaukee on my birthday. We have been to Chicago many times, but it has always been for work and we have never really enjoyed the city fully. We have seen a few sights, but not all the city has to offer. Did I mention the Cubs are my favorite team?

Trip 3 - Boston
Spend the majority of time in Boston and see a Red Sox game. Ride the train to New York for a Mets and Yankees game. We went to old Yankee stadium, but not the new Yankee stadium. I went to Boston when I was eight, but James has never been.

Those are the options. What is your vote? Everyone is invited on the trip, the more the merrier!

4 comments:

courtney said...

how bout all 3?!!! ;)

just kidding. hmmmmm, those are some hard choices.

san diego is GORGEOUS! i definitely have that as a place i'd like to go back to.

chicago is an awesome city--pne of my faves. and, going in sept before it gets cold there would be ideal.

i've never been to boston, but i'd love to go. i've heard it's a great city to visit. jeff's family is from boston and they talk about it a lot. plus, i have a family friend that pitches for the red sox, so i'd love to go to a red sox game on a night he's pitching (however, we usually get to see him when they come play the rangers).

really i didn't help you much at all, but i'd say 1) boston and then 2) san diego....

but really you can't make a bad choice!

Abby said...

I'm cracking up about your baseball themed 30th birthday trip. I'm turning 35 ekks. I also want to take a trip, I haven't decided on a theme yet!

I vote California, Boston, Chicago. I think California because Hwy 1 is such a pretty drive (if you go that route). Plus since they are behind us in time, you get to stay 29 for a couple of extra hours!!

Since you now have "family" in DC, the Boston-New York trip can be incorporated into one of those vacations. Chicago...next time tack a couple of days onto a work trip and visit the city.

Kara said...

i vote CA for the same reasons as abby said...

have you considered LA to San Fran? I think that drive up the coast would be fabulous!

Caroline said...

Chicago. But, I have a bias.