Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Sweet Love and Basketball - The Story

I have always enjoyed watching sports. I really don't have a favorite sport because it changes often. I am always ready for football season in September, basketball in October and baseball in March. I am never ready for the season to be over.

I do get a little tired of basketball and baseball. They go on for so long and you can catch a game almost any day of the week. It is not like football that only happens a few days a week. Anyways, one season I was a little burned out on basketball and needed a break. When I say break, I mean a day. Not asking too much. Jaime thought it was too much to ask.

Jaime, of course, really wanted to go to the basketball game. He kept telling me it would be sweet love and basketball. I have no idea where he got it from or really what it means, but it has stuck for 9 years. To me it basically means us spending time together while watching basketball. I guess Jaime and I are sweet love and then there is basketball.

When I asked Jaime what Sweet Love and Basketball means to him, he said basketball is what brought us together. We started hanging out a lot when I asked Jaime to help me coach a girls basketball team. It really connected us. We both grew up with basketball being a big part of our lives. It still is a big part of our lives and I hope that never changes. I want to be like my grandparents and go to basketball games when we are 77 and 83. Hopefully we will always have Sweet Love and Basketball.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Sweet story! Awww.

Ashley said...

Sweet story! :) You know Love and Basketball is one of my favorite movies, but I wouldn't call it sweet necessarily! :)