Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Sweet Love and Basketball

Last night Jaime and I went to the Texas High School Coaches Basketball All Star game. Wow, that is a mouth full. Jaime played in the game 15 years ago. He is the only player from his high school to ever be voted to play in the game. He was such an all star in high school. He is still an all star, he is just my all star now.

The game was fun and we got to see some people we knew. Jaime saw some of his old coaches and it was nice to catch up. Some of our friends were also there and had lots of questions for Jaime about the game when he played. He just lights up talking about his basketball career. It was fun to listen to him tell what the week leading up to the game was like and the game. I didn't realize how big of a deal the all star game was until last night.

I also got the chance to watch a future Red Raider play. There was a kid playing that will be a freshman at Tech next year. He has already signed and is ready to play. He looked really good and strong. Just what we need.

Tonight is the All Star football game. Jaime is in Houston today for depositions so we are not going to watch the football game. The football players were there to watch the basketball game. I did get to see the future for Texas Tech Football and it looks good. Tech has signed this kid as an offensive lineman and he looks the part. Hopefully he is a good blocker and can give our quarterback enough time to throw the ball.

The most exciting news it that football is a month away. It will not be long before ESPN starts talking about college football. I can hardly wait. I just hope all the hype around Tech football doesn't cause our players to get stars in our eyes. I know we are going to be good, but we always seem to find a way to mess things up for ourselves. I think we have a really good chance of making it to a BCS bowl game if we keep our head on our shoulders. It may be a long season, but I can hardly wait.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

I agree that football and love can be used in the same sentence, but I would dispute using it in connection to basketball. I hope you get to watch lots of Tech home games in person. I'm ready for you to come home for a visit.