Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Anniversary 2010

I am so far behind, but I am determined to catch up. Instead of skipping over everything that has been going on around the nest I am just going catch up.

We had a low key anniversary this year. James had five depositions in three days in Houston. Our anniversary fell in the middle of all that. Needless to say he was a little busy trying to prepare experts. I went with him to Houston so we could see a little of each other.

The night before our anniversary we had dinner with Kathleen and Philip. We had a wonderful time with them. Philip and James kept us entertained with work stories. I think both of them could write a book about some of their clients. We ate at Ouisie's Table. Kathleen and Philip had their rehearsel dinner at Ouisie's and now it is one of our favorites. Every time James and I are in Houston we try to eat there. Everything is wonderful from start to finish!

Evidently James sent me flowers for our anniversary. After a little shopping, I returned to our hotel room where there were flowers waiting. The card was addressed to James with no note on the inside. For a moment I thought James had found a girlfriend that was sending him flowers. I was wrong. They were for me, just a little mix up with the card.

For dinner we celebrated at Capitol Grill. It was of course delicious as always. We love the crab mac and cheese there, but my favorite is the coconut cream pie. It makes everything perfect. Basically, we like to eat good meals around here...good meals that we don't have to cook.

It was a low key anniversary with some great meals. I can't believe it has been nine years!



3 comments:

Abby said...

Happy Anniversary to you two! Sorry he was working so much, but just gives you time to celebrate again on another occassion. Are you in or around Houston now. I want to see the Corpse Flower they have at the Natural Museum of science. If your here I think you should check it out!

Caroline said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I love that shot of you two. So cute!! I love you both!

Kara said...

Happy Anniversary! Love the flowers...so pretty