Friday, July 30, 2010

The Duck March

We stayed at The Peabody in Memphis and in Little Rock, both were very nice. The Little Rock Peabody is not very popular. The Memphis Peabody is a different story. You couldn't have payed me to watch the ducks coming or going there. Way too many people for my comfort.

Little Rock is a different story. The first morning we were there we slept in. I was looking at the hotel information book and noticed that the ducks were set to arrive at the fountain in 15 minutes. I told James to hightail it. We were going to see the ducks. We made it down stairs in time and I got a prime spot. James went to get coffee and didn't make it back. I told him to hurry, but he didn't listen to me. The ducks "coming to work" was very entertaining. I was happy we had seen it, but didn't care if I ever saw it again.

As luck would have it, it was time for the ducks to go home when we were returning from the library. This time I had my camera with me and I was ready. They say your life isn't complete till you have seen a duck march, so here you go. Enjoy!

Go Home Ducks from robin perrin on Vimeo.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Ok, the ducks are good, but I LOVE the video of John. How did he get that big? I didn't say he could get big.

Truly, I think the duck thing is a little strange. Why can't they just live outside?

Alyssa said...

What a fun trip! I went to the Memphis area once with my grandmother when I was in high school. I am proud to say that I have seen the duck march in person. I also saw Graceland. Bill Clinton wasn't even president yet, so I haven't been to his library. Glad y'all had a great time in Tennessee. :)