Tuesday, July 27, 2010

So Much For Customer Service

I have a little problem actually a big problem. On Friday, July 16 my dryer broke. It runs, but doesn't blow hot air. Somewhat of a problem.

My dryer is a Kenmore that is nine years old. Grandma and Grandpa bought us the washer and dryer as a wedding present. It is probably the greatest wedding present we got.

I called Sears just to see what a new heating element would cost. I am a trained dryer diagnostician and that is what i decided it needed. Sears informed me that we still had a extended warranty on the dryer. That was a really nice surprise, but I would have to call back on Saturday to schedule an appointment.

James called to make the appointment. They said they could send someone out on Wednesday. Wednesday didn't work for us. We had already planned the Schlitterbahn trip and that was the only day James was planning to take off. James said that wouldn't work so the next available time was August 2. WOW!!! Are you serious? Fine we will take Wednesday. The lady tells us someone will be out to look at our dryer on Wednesday, July 28.

At this point I am freaking out. That is a week and a half till someone will be out here. Of course the lady on the phone was not very concerned and said we could call back on Monday. We called back on Monday and nothing. No one at Sears cares that we haven't had a dryer for a week and a half.

I am so frustrated with Sears right now! So much for customer service or dry clothes.

2 comments:

Abby said...

And to think I thought they only came out once a week because we lived in the boon docs! We can only get service on our icemachine on Wed. That's the only day they will come. If my ice machine breaks on Thursday, to bad for me! In the words of the soup man "NO ICE FOR ME!"

Kara said...

once i thought my dryer wasn't heating. turns out the dryer vent in my attic was stopped up by a bird's nest. that's my diagnosis.