Monday, July 26, 2010

Back to Life, Back to Reality

Doneece is gone and now I am very sad.

We had a fabulous time while she was here. I made her watch Devin play basketball last weekend. Monday we worked out and laid by the pool. It was very lovely! Tuesday we spent the day shopping with Devin. We all got lots of good stuff. I got two new pairs of shoes because I need another pair of shoes like I need a hole in my head. I still love them even if I didn't need them.

Doneece also got these shoes. Same size and everything. We looked really cute walking out of the store with the same shoes on. We changed out of them after a little while. They need to be broken in before a lot of walking occurs.

I love my new Nike's. They are super light and cute. I feel like I should be running at a high rate of speed when I have them on, but I don't.

I also got some new workout clothes that are new, but boring because I actually have to go workout to wear them. I also got a new pair of sunglasses that are gorgeous. Gold and fabulous, but I forgot to take a picture so just imagine them.

Wednesday we took the entire family to Schlitterbahn. James took the day off so James, Doneece, Devin, Moses and I spent the day at the water park. Moses is Devin's best friend and we have become one big happy family.

Doneece learned the goodness of having a younger "sibling." She pestered Devin like there was no tomorrow and Moses just laughed at Devin. Devin even called my Mom to complain that Doneece was picking on him. It was good times.

James had so much fun with us that he took off the rest of the week. It was wonderful. Thursday we spent the day relaxing. We all slept late and headed to the pool. We didn't spend much time at the pool because of thunderstorms. We decided the movies was a good place to hang out. We saw "Knight and Day" and it was really good. After the movie we had a wonderful dinner at Pappadeaux. So yummy!

Friday my Doneece went home. I was so sad to see her go home. If you know of a dance job in San Antonio or the Austin area please let me know. James and I had a wonderful late breakfast at the best breakfast place in S.A. After breakfast we got a couples massage, but separate. The last thing I want to do during a massage is listen to James snore. Not what I call relaxing. Of course we finished off the week with one of Devin's basketball games.

It was a fabulous week with my favorite sister. I also really enjoyed spending some time with my sweet husband. I wish ever week included my sister and my husband only working two days.

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Sounds like fun. Wish I could have been there. When are you coming to see me?

Kara said...

sounds like loads of fun!

Amanda McNeely said...

Ahhhh!!I have the same pair of black sperry's....ha! I got the Lepard print ones too.....so funny!! We have great taste!