Thursday, December 18, 2008

And a Good Time Was Had by All

We had David and Wendee and the kids over for dinner last night to celebrate Wendee's birthday and Christmas. Wendee will be 21 on Monday, but will not be around to celebrate with us. We also figured it was a good time to celebrate Christams with our wonderful friends.

We had a wonderful dinner. I made salad, mac & cheese, baked potatoes, fruit salad, steak, chicken and the best dinner rolls ever. It was my first time to make steak and it was a crowd pleaser. I used my parent's marinade and cooked the steaks on the stove with a grill pan. They were delicious. Cooked to the perfect temperature. I was very proud of myself. A few more times and I think I will have it down.

After dinner we did birthday. I got Wendee a red and black shirt for her birthday. It looks like something she would wear and it will be perfect for the Cotton Bowl. Maybe I should just get her and David Tech shirts for the cotton bowl so no one will be confused on who they are rooting for.


After birthday we celebrated Christmas. I got a warm up suit that I picked out one day Wendee and I were shopping. We didn't buy it that day because Wendee had a coupon at home. She went back the next day to buy it and ended up giving it to me. She is so good. I love it because it is the perfect size and color.

They also got us this wonderful Tech windchime. I have really been wanting one, but never stopped at the mall to get us one. I am so excited. I would have put it up last night, but we don't have a hook to hank it on. I will put that on the list of things that need to be done. (Dad, when are you coming to work on the list?)


We had a wonderful evening. Thank you David and Wendee for the wondrful presents.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

I wish I lived on your block!!