Wednesday, December 3, 2008

So Long, Fair Well

I had a great time in Lubbock. It was nice to be there for a few extra days and hang out with my peeps.

Monday I picked up Caroline from school and had the privilege of taking her to dance. My mom was a little bumbbed out because it is usually her job to pick Caroline up from school and take her to dance. We all like our alone time with Caroline when we can have her undivided attention. Having such a big family, those days are hard to come by. I made it up to mom by having Caroline call her and tell her she missed her. It made moms day. Just don’t tell her I put Caroline up to it.

I was really excited about dance. Caroline takes dance where Doneece and I took dance and Doneece is now a teacher. Of course, Doneece teaches Caroline’s class. I was a little disappointed when I found out Doneece would not be there on Monday. Something to do with school. She wouldn’t even skip school so I could see her teach Caroline’s class.

Caroline of course was the best in the class. I am not her mother so I am not bias.

After dance Ann and I took Caroline home and left Jeff in charge. He offered to take care of the kids so Ann and I could have an adult’s only meal. It was so much fun. We haven’t been able to talk like that in years. It was nice, but I wouldn’t give up the kids for anything.

I told Ann we were taking a picture and she argued with me. I argued back that we were doing it like it or not because I don’t have any recent pictures of us. After all that I forgot about the picture until I had changed into my comfy clothes. Too late.

Yesterday I picked Caroline up and we went straight to KFC at 10:30am. That is her favorite place to eat right now so we waited for 30 minutes until they opened. We went back to the house and Ann joined us for lunch. Just the girls for a little lunch.

After lunch we made it to the mall with Doneece. Caroline was a doll and didn’t ask me to buy her one thing. Doneece on the other hand did. She got an early Christmas present which is fine by me, one less thing I have to wrap. I was able to get some of my Christmas shopping done while we were there.

Ice Cream was next. We headed to Baskin’ Robbins which is my favorite. I was so excited that they had pink bubble gum. It is my favorite flavor and it is hard to find it in the winter. The people at Baskin’ Robbins have decided that it should be a summer flavor. Really? Who only eats bubble gum in the summer? Caroline and I had our ice cream and were very happy. Caroline was so happy that she fell asleep in the car on the way home.

She got about a 30-minute nap while I finished packing. Mom came and got us and we went to the airport. Caroline fell back asleep on the way to the airport. I tired keeping her awake so she would go to bed at a decent our. That child has enough problems going to bed at night; she doesn’t need late and long naps to help her out. Sorry Ann if she didn’t go to bed till late.

I do have one John story for you. He is always the first to tell you hello when you walk in the door. I walk in and he says, "Hi Robin." I tell him "Hi John." Next he ask me "Where's Jaime?" He actually doesn't say Jaime. He uses Jaime's real name. I tell him he is at work and he continues to ask me until I leave. He really loves his Jaime. This is him asking me "Where's Jaime?"


Bye Lubbock. Back to San Antonio and life. I have a lot of little things to get done today and back to work tomorrow.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Family time is precious!

Caroline said...

I loved our dinner too. Thanks again fo helping me with Caroline. Yesterday evening she told me the following: "I had to take Robin to the airport. She went home. I sure do miss her." Me too Caroline, me too.