Thursday, December 4, 2008

Twelve Down and One to Go

We did make it to the final Tech home game last Saturday. It seems like it was a long time ago because it has been, but this is the first time I have had a chance to post about it.

It was a cold day in Lubbock. It started out really cloudy and windy. I know windy is not unusual for Lubbock. Finally, after I got dressed with two pairs of long johns on, the sun came out. I ended up taking a pair off in the car on the way to the stadium and ended up putting them back on before we went into the game. I know that is more than you wanted to know, but I was having a really hard time with my wardrobe that day.

Of course the game didn't start off very well. We looked like the team from the week before. I was hoping we would leave that team in Oklahoma. Didn't really happen that way. Finally, after two long quarters we started looking like our old self. It took awhile and it wasn't a pretty win, but I guess at least it was a win.

You will notice the 39-33 sign in the background, which is the score we beat Texas by.


Now on to Dallas. We should be playing in the Cotton Bowl in Dallas on January 2nd. Of course I won't count my eggs till they hatch. I don't see any other place for us to go. No matter if Oklahoma wins or loses it doesn't really matter to us.

We have ordered our tickets to the Cotton Bowl and are hoping David and Wendee will go with us. Maybe if we twist their arm enough they will give in and go. I told Wendee at the beginning of the season that I was going to get her into college football. So far she has watched a few games on T.V. Now if I can just her to a game I will have her hooked for sure.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

I love the wardrobe story. That cracks me up.