Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Mission Accomplished

My goal for today was to start wrapping presents and put a dent in it. I am happy to report I finished all my wrapping. I feel like I got so much accomplished today.

Now I am really ready for Christmas. I never put packages under my tree. We never open any packages here so I feel like it is a waste. I end up messing up the tree trying to get the presents under the tree and then getting them back out. I finally just gave up. We only open packages at our parents houses so I separate the packages according to which house they are going to.

We have two guest bedrooms so it works perfectly. The only little problem is no house guest will be allowed until after Christmas. I doubt that will be a problem.

I have two presents that I have ordered that should be here by the end of the week. I also have one package that is M.I.A. I have no idea where it is, but I will continue to look for it. Other than those, I am done. Hopefully I won't have to fight the crowds to buy a replacement present. Package, come out, come out wherever you are.

Not only did I get everything wrapped, I also got the wrapping closet cleaned up. Most people would call this a guest closet, but not us. We have very few guest and a lot of wrapping items. The wrapping items won out.

I wish I had a bag of Hershey's products in the wrapping closet to keep me busy while wrapping, but I don't. It is the bag that holds all the tissue paper. It's a good idea thought.


I cleaned out the wrapping paper. The two buckets were over filled and I realized there were rolls in there that I had not used in years. I also had rolls that I have had for a few years and never even opened. Those rolls will go to a good family somewhere. Now I have room so that I can some new paper. I love wrapping supplies!

3 comments:

Abby said...

I love your wrapping closet. I am so jealous. I tried desperately to incorporate a wrapping closet into our house, I was unable to convince my husband that it was a neccesity. I don't even wrap that much but I dream of an organized wrapping closet.

I can't believe you have all your gifts wrapped. So jealous...I haven't even finished buying.

Caroline said...

I too am jealous of your wrapping closet. Mine is MUCH smaller (aka a linen closet) and not organized at all! Can you wrap some packages for me? I haven't even started yet.

Jacqui said...

Wow!! I also love your wrapping closet. Cleaning out our pantry (where we keep our wrapping stuff) has been on my list to do all week, but all I have accomplished is one shelf. I'm proud of you! We are going to be in Lubbock at the same time. We are leaving Saturday morning and staying through late Friday night. Maybe we can get together? I have also never seen Sarah's little girl, and would like to see her, maybe all 3 of us could have lunch or something?