Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Bunko Christmas

Last night was our ladies neighborhood Bunko Christmas Party. It was so much fun. We actually did not play bunko because we had to many other things on the agenda. We had to eat and exchange presents. Next month we will get back to the Bunko.

Just so you know, I looked up on the internet how to spell bunko. Basically I found that it can be spelled bunko or bunco. The two spellings have the same definition. I prefered the way the b-u-n-k-o looked so I went with it. If it is wrong then I will use b-u-n-c-o a few times in the post to even it out.

It was super cold here yesterday so I was all bundeled up to go to bunko. We all wore our Christmas pajamas to Bunko. Mine were cute, but not very warm so I had to wear lots of layers as you can tell.

Back to bunco. We all brought a food dish and there were 17 of us. You can't even imagine all the food we had. I took banana pudding because that is my fall back. It is super easy to make and takes about 5 minutes to make and 2 of that is stiring the pudding. It all comes down to the fact that I am lazy.

We ate and ate and ate and then finally opened presents. You will never believe it, but I drew number 1! That means I got to go first and then at the end go again and choose from all the gifts. I was so excited. I drew what I wanted right off the bat.

Aren't they so cute. Slim wore these boots last month to bunco and I went on and on about how much I loved them. Wendee and I were shopping at Target and I kept telling her I had to find some slippers like Slim's. Well that was Slim's secret gift tonight. I had no idea, but I was so exicted when I opened them. I was so excited that I put them on right then hoping that no one would take them. Good news, they made it home with me.

Wendee was the life of the party so she is in every picture.

Wendee and Slim excited

Wendee and Lisa

Tara, Wendee and Natalie

Our wonderful hosteses, Melissa and Wendee

Mrs. Kathy and Wendee

Vicki and Wendee

Wendee and me

We really did plan for Wendee to be in every picture. We thought it would be fun. It was fun to us and that is all that really matters.

Natalie got the cuttest apron that said Naughty or Nice on the front. I don't think she got to keep it in the end.

We had a great time and all got some wonderful things. Can't wait till next time.

The other exciting news here at the nest is I don't have to work tomorrow. I get to sleep late. Don't call me, I will call you!

3 comments:

Jacqui said...

Sounds like fun! The slippers are precious.

Caroline said...

A great party! Why wasn't I invited?

Hildebrand Family said...

YEA!! So glad you get to sleep in tomorrow!! Loved our lunch yesterday! It was great to catch up! xoxo, C