Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Tour 2008


Welcome in. Glad you could join me for a tour of my house. I am also glad this is only a photo tour and not a real tour. My house is a mess right now. This way I can crop all the photos of the mess. Just imagine my house is spotless and ready for guest.

Christmas is my favorite time of year. Partly because of the decorations. I hope you enjoy.

This is our mantel as you can tell. I love the Santa and the sleigh. My mom has mine and Jaime's stocking that grandma made for us. I got these stockings the first year we were married. Someday I will take our stockings from my mom.

I love my Christmas tree!!! At first I did not basically because I am opposed to change. Now I love it. It looks much better in my living room because it is taller. I also love that it has more lights. It so pretty!
This is just a close up of some of my ornaments. My favorite ornament is the red one that says "Jesus is the reason for the season." I got the ornament in New York at a church gift shop. It means so much to me.
I like this picture because you can see my first Christmas ornament on the upper left corner. It has my name and birthday and weight and height. It is really sweet. All the information is putt on with stickers. It is a little cheap, but it means a lot to me.
My Christmas tree from the other side. I didn't want you not to see the entire thing.
This is my favorite wreath. I got it from my friend, Dacia. It is red and green feathers with the little red ornament hanging in the middle. So cute.
These are our other stockings. Paula gave these to us and I love them. Everyone needs a Texas Tech stocking!
Just in case you couldn't tell it was a Texas Tech stocking.
This is my nativity scene. Grandma gave it to me so it means a lot to me. I love pulling it out every year and just looking at it. It really does remind me of the reason we are celebrating. It is also interesting to look a the box it comes in and the picture on the box. I have to look at the picture every year to try and figure out how to get everyone on the little wood platform it comes with. It is very tight quarters on that piece of wood.

Finally, a picture of the living room. You can see how the place is laid out. I am sure you were wondering. You can also see my little Santa Clause and Snowman. They are so cute. Basically, everything in my house is cute. I don't know any other adjectives.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, your decor is very cute, and your tree is just beautiful - I love the big bow cascading down the top! Merry Christmas!
Susan

Caroline said...

It all looks beautiful. I love your wreaths and the garland on your mantle. Where did you get that garland? I may need some like that.

Carol said...

Gorgeous! I love your mantle. And that feather wreath is so fun!

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Everything is so festive and colorful!! Thanks for sharing!

blessings
mary

Gettysburg Mom said...

Love the feather wreath! All of your decorations look great. Thjank you for sharing and have a great holiday season!

Jacqui said...

I love your Christmas spirit!!! Maybe we'll bump into each other if you're going to Lubbock for Christmas.

Keetha Broyles said...

Everything looks great. My FAVORITE is your white nativity from your grandma. Someone else has one on their tour that is a little similar - - - it was the first one they bought after they got married. So special.

Thanks for inviting me in!!!

Merry Christmas

The Style Sisters said...

Everythig is so beautiful. Love your tree.

Karin

Unknown said...

You have a beautiful home. Thanks for sharing!

Best wishes to you and your family during this Christmas season.