Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Bracketology 101

What a fun weekend of basketball!  It is really a lot of basketball for one weekend.  It could be better if all the games were televised.  I wish the games were on a different network.  Just think, if all the games were on the ESPN/ABC network you could see all the games.  You could move multiple televisions in one room and watch a game on ABC, ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPNU.  It would be amazing.

I would also like to mention that I think college basketball gets it right when it comes to a playoff system.  It really is a playoff system and I think college football should take some notes.  With college basketball it all comes down to who you have played and how you played.  I hope President Obama is working on a similar system for football, as he indicated he would.

On to the bracketology.  I did pretty well the first two rounds.  In the first round I was 24-7.  Not too bad.  Jaime beat me out with 25-6.  Bummer!  I would have done much better if I would have picked a number 12 seed.  The number twelves were on fire and I didn't pick one.  I did really well with the 8 vs 9 games.  Sometimes those games are really hard to choose because the teams are so evenly matched.  I was really happy Siena won.  Jaime has a great story about Siena which I will share tomorrow.

The second round I did really well.  I was 14-2.  That is almost perfect.  I was really excited because I did better than Jaime.  He was 13-3.  I know I was only one better, but it is still better and that doesn't happen very often.

It should be another great weekend of basketball.  Jaime and I have picked the same teams in the Sweet 16, except for one.  He has Duke winning and I have Villanova winning.  We will just have to wait and see.  How is your bracket looking?

On a totally different subject, Ann is back.  She is my only faithful commenter and she has been a little busy lately.  Last week she was preparing for trial which started on Monday.  It ended yesterday and she won.  She won her trail and I get my one commenter back.  Life is good!

2 comments:

Caroline said...

I am back and thanks for the shout out! However, you will have to post on something other than basketball if you want me to comment. I don't watch it. I don't have a bracket and I can't talk on the subject. You'll have o go back to talking about shopping. :)

Abby said...

I'm so proud of Ann for winning her trial. Trial's suck and they suck even more when you are trying to have a life and be in trial!!

I am happy to take up the Ann commenting slack. I LOVE March Madness. I agree on all of your opinions about college football taking a similar approach!! How fun would that be!!

I am always in love with the 12 seed. I believe it started with Gonazaga or Loyola back in the day before they were "good" teams. I still take them every year because they were good to me way back then. I however get in serious trouble for taking the 12 seed too far in my bracket. I love a Cinderella story!

This year we were in Amarillo during the bracket filling out time and I was dealing with my grandma and grandpa and just didn't have time to fill out a bracket, so I made Emery do it. Brian being a good brackatologist called me and had me do a little editing after her picks (we have trained her well she picked the aggies all the way to the championship otherwise it's the blue team or florida team all the way!!).

I did a little tweeking to Em's bracket and I am proud to say that after day two of the tourny Emery and I were in FIRST place out of our group of 100 ish people.

Unfortunatly day three and four took a toll on us as our three 12 seeds just didn't pan out in the second round!!

Hopefully the remaining Big 12 teams do well and we can regain some of our steam.

Have you seen those lady aggies....they are rocking the girls basketball madness!!