Wednesday, March 11, 2009

What To Wear???

Jaime and I have a big wedding to go to this weekend.  MacDaddy is finally getting married and will no longer be MacDaddy, but I will still call him MacDaddy.  He and Kathleen are getting married in Houston on Saturday.  I had all my outfits picked out and I was ready to go until I looked at the weather.

I should have known since it is Spring Break that basically it would be almost snowing in Houston.  The only time it is cold and rainy in Corpus and Houston is during Spring Break.  It works out perfectly for all the college kids at the beach.  I did not have my thinking cap on and I planned on wearing all these cute spring dresses that are sleeveless.  Not going to happen.  It is suppose to be in the 50's on Friday and Saturday and rainy.  Perfect hair days!

I have had some time to rearrange my outfit choices and now I need help knowing if they are appropriate and of course cute.  Please help me out.

The first outfit is for rehearsal dinner.  I wanted to wear something bright and spring like, but still be warm.  What do you think of this outfit?


I would like to mention that I will not look this skinny in this outfit.  I tied the belt on the jacket to my "ideal weight" size.  I know black pants and black shoes are boring, but hopefully the yellow jacket and the little clutch add some color to me.  

I found the clutch about a week ago and thought it was cute, but I wasn't sure if it was really me.  I ended up buying it yesterday hoping it had turned into me.  What do you think?

Next is my outfit for the wedding.  I planned on wearing this dress all along, but now had to make a few changes.  I needed some sort of wrap of sweater to go over it so I might not freeze.  The chance of me freezing is highly unlikely since I am so hot natured, but I wanted to be prepared. 

I went to Nordstrom to find a wrap, shaw or sweater of some sort.  I found this really cute, young, stylish looking girl to help me.  I told her about the dress and showed her the clutch I purchased.  She loved the clutch and told me it was perfect.  She said we could easily find a wrap to go with my dress and clutch.  Right when we got to the accessory department she picked out a plum wrap.  I was not sure about this, but still bought it because surely she knows more than I do since she works at Nordstrom.  See what you think.

I checked Big Mama's blog because she had done a post about the color wheel and what colors go together.  After re-reading the post and checking the color wheel I learned that red and plum go together.  I still was not sure that anyone with any fashion sense would wear the two colors together.  I told Ann about my dilemma and she said that on "What Not to Wear" last week they paired a plum dress with red shoes.  SOLD!  I totally trust Clinton and Stacy.  By the way if anyone wanted to nominate me to go on the show I would be totally indebted to you and love you forever.


I am pretty comfortable with the outfit for Friday night.  I don't really think wearing black pants and a yellow jacket is a step out on the ledge.  Saturday night outfit is a different story.  It is a big step out on the ledge.  Red dress, plum wrap, gold shoes and a multi-colored clutch???  Please help me.  I need your honest opinion.  If you don't like any of it please tell me.  I would rather hear it from you than hear all the whispers at the wedding.

4 comments:

Caroline said...

It all looks great. I really like the plum wrap and red dress. It looks good together. How have I not seen that red dress? It is so pretty. I love it. I'm going to be cold too. Can you find me a wrap? What about some hose?:)

Abby said...

I have a black wrap and a fushia one you are welcome too. I'm in Houston today...I wish I had known I could have dropped it by somewhere.

Knowing the weather people here it will be 90 windy and humid by Saturday. If it is raining, tell Philip that Brian's Grandma says that if it rains on your wedding day you will be rich (she says it with much more elegance!) It rained on our day and we sure have been blessed. You girls have fun!!

courtney said...

i think they're both really cute! i LOVE the clutch!!

Young Texans Against Cancer- San Antonio said...

PRECIOUS!! Where is that yellow Jacket from?? I love it!