Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Fast and Furious

The weekend was extremely busy.  I feel like a need a weekend from my weekend.  I don't think we ever stopped going and we weren't ever really at home.

You know the weekend always starts on Friday.  Friday was CRAZY.  We were in McAllen Friday morning for Wayne's funeral.  It was a nice funeral where we rejoiced Wayne's life and shed quite a few tears.  David spoke and there was not a dry eye in the church.  He did a beautiful job telling about Wayne and what a wonderful husband, father and grandfather he was.

We had to leave McAllen right after the funeral. Jaime had a depo in Corpus at 2 p.m. so we didn't have a lot of time to visit.  We had been on the road about 20 minutes when Jaime got pulled over.  I tell you that boy has a need for speed.  He likes to go about 5 mph over the speed limit, but sometimes his foot gets a little heavy.  The other bad news is Jaime does not have a current registration sticker or inspection sticker.  For those of you who know Jaime, you know this is not unusual.  

Mr. DPS was completely shocked Jaime did not have any current stickers.  It was like he didn't even know what to do about the situation.  I guess Mr. DPS is accustom to dealing with more intense situations.  He informed us that Jaime was going 76 in a 70.  I wanted to tell the officer that wasn't a big deal for Jaime, but I held my tongue.  Mr. DPS took Jaime's drivers license and insurance and headed back to his car.  I wanted to also tell Mr. DPS that he was lucky because Jaime never carries an insurance card.  For being a lawyer he sure ignores the law a lot.  

Mr. DPS returned to the car and told Jaime that the registration was current, but where was his sticker?  Does he really think Jaime knows?  He gave Jaime a "break" on the speeding and didn't give him a ticket.  However, he did give him a ticket for the inspection.  His inspection sticker expired November of 2008.  It ended up not being too bad.

Now on with the drive to Corpus.  We were late getting to Corpus.  Being pulled over didn't help and the border checkpoint was very crowded.  We made it to Corpus in time for Jaime's depo and me to get a manicure and pedicure.  My nails and toes look great.  I decided on "Quarter of a CentCherry"  Isn't OPI nail polish the greatest?  Who comes up with these names?

After all that fun in Corpus we headed back to San Antonio for the Spurs game.  The Spurs were playing the Celtics and I had to be there.  The only problem was there were lots of college basketball games on that I was missing.  We sat in our regular seats for the first half and then got invited up to a box for the second half.  We got to watch the Spurs and college basketball.  Perfect!  One problem, Spurs lost and they had about four chances to win the game.  UGH!!!  We did see Bill Russell leaving the game.  Pretty cool.

Saturday we slept really late.  I love my bed and my little nook.  I know it is bad to have a nook in your bed, but I love mine.  It is just perfect!  It is the right size for me and I fight perfectly in it.  I also sleep great when I am in my little nook.

We had an amazing Saturday evening.  We started with dinner at Ruth Chris.  We had stuffed mushrooms, salad, steak, fries and then a little dessert.  I could not have eaten another thing.  After rolling ourselves to the car we headed to the Elton John and Billy Joel concert.  It was so much fun.  The concert started with Billy Joel and Elton John playing and singing together.  Then Elton and Billy both played separately.  We have seen Elton John a few times, but never Billy Joel.

Billy Joel was great.  He is such an entertainer.  He played the piano, guitar, harmonica and of course sang.  He told jokes and even played "Deep In The Heart of Texas."  He sang all my favorite songs.  "Uptown Girl" and "Piano Man" are my two favorites.  The concert started at 7:30 and did not end until 11:15.  We definitely got our monies worth.

Sunday we were up early for church.  We have been out of town the past couple of weekends and missed church.  It felt so good to be back at church and Sunday school.  My week seems to go so much smoother when we go to church.  I love starting the week with church.

After church we had a little lunch and then split ways.  Jaime wanted to go to the Spurs game and I wanted to go home and watch college basketball.  Good thing I did.  The Spurs lost to Houston and there was some great college basketball on.  

I think that about sums it all up.  Come back tomorrow for some bracketology.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Sounds just like my weekend except for all of the fun.