Friday, March 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad!

Tomorrow is my dad's birthday.  I am so lucky that I have him as my dad.  He is an amazing father and an amazing man.

He loves God first and foremost and then comes his family.  He has always been there for me.  I learned a lot about God and life from him.  We had our differences when I was growing up.  I gave him a run for his money.

I might not have been the easiest daughter to raise, but he stuck to his guns.  I turned out perfect thanks to him.  When Jaime came along, dad accepted him like a son.  Now I say he loves Jaime more than me.

The most amazing thing about my dad is you can ask him anything and he will have an answer.  He would be my lifeline on "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire," if I ever made it on the show.  Does anyone know if that show is even on anymore?  He also loves to come visit Jaime and I and fix all the things we have broken since the last time he was there.  He loves us like that.

One of my favorite memories of my dad is hanging out with him at Texas Tech basketball practices on Saturday mornings.  Forgive me, but my mind really does not recall the order in which these events occured.  We would go to basketball practice and I would be the only kid there.  I got all the attention from the players, which you know I loved.  It was also a good time hanging out with my dad and playing some basketball.  Dad and I would also go over to the athletic dinning hall and have breakfast.  It was the coolest thing around.  I thought I was hot stuff when I was 5 and 6 years-old.  

Thanks dad for being so wonderful.  Jaime and I really appreciate all you do for us.  You are the best!




1 comment:

Caroline said...

You do have an amazing Dad. I love him too!