Friday, March 27, 2009

Siena Visit

As most of you know I love this time of year.  March madness is so much fun.  What always makes it more interesting is Jaime's stories about the teams that have made the tournament and what courts he has played on.  This year Siena made the tournament.  I had no idea where Siena was located until Jaime came along.  Jaime informed me that it was in Albany, New York.  In 1993 Siena recruited Jaime and they invited him to come and take a visit on campus.

Just the other night he told the story of his visit to some friends of ours.  Albany is the state capital and some of the Governor's staff were Siena Alumni.  As part of his visit the coaches took him to the state capital for a tour.  During the tour he was able to go into the Governor's office.  He says it has a secret door behind the Governor's desk so the Governor can get out if things get a little hectic and he needs to make a quick exit.  Jaime was able to sit in the New York Governor's office and visit with the Lieutenant Governor.  I think he even got to go out the secret door.  Now if Jaime could get a similar door put in his office.  

I am glad his visit to Siena went well and that he has an interesting story to tell, but I am sure glad he did not go to college there.  I am not sure that he would have ended up at Tech for law school if he had gone to college on the east coast.

Jaime always picks Siena in the tournament as the underdog.  I have learned after being married to him for 7 years to go with it.  I picked Siena this year as well in the first round and as you know we did well.  I didn't pick Siena in the second round, but I yelled at the TV really loud for them.

Jaime also really likes to share what courts he has played on.  This isn't just done during tournament time, it is all season long.  You really can't make a Saturday without Jaime telling you he has played on the court we are seeing on TV.  At first it was really cute, but now he does it to annoy me.  He knows that it drives me crazy that he has been in more college arenas than I have.

Hope you have a great weekend!  Enjoy some college basketball while it lasts.  You know what I will be doing.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

You should watch basketball with me. I think I have only been in two basketball arenas.

Natalie said...

You are every guy's dream! Wish I could keep up with sports the way that you do... especially in a house full of boys. You'll have to teach me! :)