Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Vacationing In Lubbock

Everyone needs a little vacation every once in awhile. When you need a vacation why not head to Lubbock Texas? Lubbock is one of my favorite places to "vacation." I am not sure it is really vacationing when you are working the entire trip.

I can't complain. I love being the nanny while here. Caroline is out of school till Thursday, but everyone else had to go back to work. Caroline need a nanny for the week and I was hired. Best job ever!

We have had tons of fun so far this week and I am sure the fun will only continue. Monday involved lots of shopping. It was my first big day out on the town. We lasted about 2 hours which is great for the two of us. I am not sure if she got more stuff or if I did.

Yesterday we had lunch with Ann and Courtney. Courtney's daughter Landry also doesn't go back to school till Thursday so she joined us. We had a lunch date at Chick-fil-a where the girls could play and the adults talk. It was fun to catch up. I took my camera with us, but didn't ever get it out to take pictures.

After lunch Caroline and I hurried home to make Doneece a birthday cake. She was a big help, but also made a big mess. Her main goal is to clean the bowl and spoons. She accomplished her goal!


After the cake was ready we headed up to Doneece's work. Caroline and I surprised her with her cake. We celebrated Doneece's birthday with all of her work friends. It was great fun and Caroline was so excited about the surprise. She loves to surprise other people. I think she also loves to be surprised herself.

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Thanks for vacationing here. I don't know what I would do without you.

Kara said...

Crazy that her school doesn't start back until Thursday!

I wish I had been there to join you at chick fil a!

Abby said...

What a fun vacation. Yea for Caroline that she was able to vacation with you. Would you like to vacation in El Campo. I know some one who would happily clean the cake bowl for you!!