Monday, February 23, 2009

Home, Where Are You???

I have almost forgot where are home is.  It has been two weeks of travel and I am tired.  I know most of you find me very lucky to do what I do.  I also find myself very lucky, but I am ready to be home.

Tonight we will finally be home.  We flew into San Antonio yesterday from Vegas and headed to Corpus.  Jaime had work in Corpus today and so here we are.  I am getting a much needed manicure and pedicure so I am not complaining too much.

What do I miss most about my house???  My BED.  It has been so long and I am so ready to be back in my bed.  We have been traveling for over two weeks now and have spent 4 nights in our bed in that time.  We will head home from Corpus tonight and I will have my bed back for awhile.  Jaime on the other hand is not so lucky.  He leaves tomorrow for another trip.  

Jaime travels a lot like this and I don't know how he does it.  I can't take anymore.  Don't get me wrong, I have really enjoyed traveling.  I enjoyed it until about Saturday.  Saturday came and I was ready to go home.

The road trip came at a great time.  It was during the Spurs Rodeo Road Trip.  They spend most of February traveling to other cities so that the rodeo can move in.  We didn't miss a single game.  The Spurs are back tomorrow night against Dallas.  

Being in Corpus today worked out really well.  Today is my mother-in-laws birthday.  We will be able to have birthday dinner with her tonight before we head home.  Happy Birthday Becky!!!  You gave me the best present ever in your son.  You did an amazing job raising him and I am so lucky to have him as my husband.  Thank you.

Hopefully the rest of the week will be low key.  Lots of sleep and laundry are my plan.  Here's hoping it is a fast Monday. 

1 comment:

Abby said...

I did think of you the other night. Brooks was sick but wouldn't stay in my bed with me, so I slept on his floor holding hands with him all night. I sure could have used you!!

Jealous of your trips but you are right, nothing beats your own bed!!