Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Thank You Southwest

It has been such a long day that I don't even remember where I left off yesterday.  I know I told you that the airline lost our bag.  The good news is they found our bag, but not with all of our contents.  

They left out a major article when they returned the bag to us.  The brand new purse that I had packed in the bag was no longer in the bag.  Thank you for choosing the item of your liking and keeping it for yourself.

Of course I called Southwest bright and early yesterday to inform them of the missing purse.  The lady was nice, but not extremely helpful.  She said the claim had been added to our original missing bag claim, but now I would need to mail a claim form to Southwest.  I was also informed that I should contact TSA and file a claim with them because they are the only people that look in bags.

She asked me if TSA had inspected my bag.  I told her no.  There was no paper left in my bag from TSA or a sticker on the bag tag with TSA.  She still said I would have to file a claim with them because Southwest does not look in bags.

Funny, someone looked in my bag and found the brand new purse I bought on Thursday.  It was so new, I hadn't even carried it.  Hopefully, someone is looking great carrying my nice new bag. 

The really sad part is that I only brought the purse to Chicago so I could return it and get my money back.  No such luck.  I guess that turned out to be a bad idea.

We are now sitting in the Chicago airport waiting on our flight.  It is only an hour and a half delayed.  Hopefully, our bags make it home with us and if they decide to take something out of one of the bags it will be Jaime's.  

3 comments:

Abby said...

Oh that makes me so sad for you, because I too would totally take a purse across seven state lines in order to return it or find another more perfect bag. I guess you will be getting your money back anyway...right are they promising a money back gaurantee?

Caroline said...

Ooo- so sorry. I know about you and your bags. I knew your purse fetish would ultimately cause problems. See, you should just be like me and carry one cheap purse until it falls apart. Don't you love my advice.

Jacqui said...

You poor thing! What a bummer. It just stinks when a fun trip turns into an annoyance. I hope you got to do some stuff to take your mind off the hassle :(