Monday, February 9, 2009

Let's Start From The Very Beginning....

A very good place to start..... That is all I remember from the song until it actually gets into "doe a deer, a female deer." I am already off track and I haven't even started.

Sorry, as I was about to say, I have been gone for a little while. I have missed you all so much. While I was gone I didn't keep up with any blogs, not even mine. I bet you are thinking we were on some great vacation. Somewhere far, far away, but no. We have been here the whole time.

I was on vacation at home with BRONCHITIS. It was a wonderful vacation. Not really. It started about the last time I posted and continued to get worse. I went to the doctor on a Friday and got some really nice drugs. By Monday I felt the end was near. I went back to said doctor and was told it was not looking good. I was breathing at about 40%. They like you to breath at about 80%. I had cut mine in half and could tell. The doctor was afraid it had turned into pneumonia and sent me for a chest x-ray. The chest x-ray came back okay, but not great.

I was sent home and told to take it easy or it would turn into pneumonia. I did just that. I took lots of cough medicine and slept a lot. Finally, by the next Friday I was feeling like I would live again. We spent that weekend doing nothing in order to try and rest and get back to normal.

I still have a cough that comes and goes, but I feel much better than I had. Someone told me that it takes your lungs 5 weeks to get over bronchitis. I have no idea if that person is right because they are not a doctor, but I am starting to believe them.

After being off work for a week and a half, I finally went back last week. It was a really busy week and here we are starting another one.

Come back tomorrow, I have some really exciting news. I am sure you all will have a hard time sleeping tonight in anticipation of my exciting news.

2 comments:

The Blevins' said...

okay can't wait for the really exciting news.

Caroline said...

Glad you are feeling better! What is the exciting news? I can't handle it!