Wednesday, February 11, 2009

How Time Changes Things

Remember how I said I was going to start volunteering at The Foundry from now on 2 days a week? Well what I really meant was that I would start volunteering 2 days a week once I am done with all my trips.

Jaime is going to be traveling most of the month of February so I have decided to tag along on some of the trips. This is one of the perks to quiting my job. So far we have 4 trips planned. I have already started one trip.

Ann and the kids were going to be home by themselves this week so I decided to come to Lubbock to help out. Jaime is out of town so I decided there was no point in me sitting at home when I could be here helping. I am basically the nanny and I am loving it. I got here on Monday and I leave today.

I have got to spend lots of time with my favorite kids in the whole entire world. I have taken them to school and picked them up. It has been lots of fun, but it makes me tired. I don't know how Ann does it.

Caroline wanted me to sleep with her so bad. I told her I would, but I lied. Don't tell her. She is not a very good sleeping mate. She likes to sleep in the middle of the bed which doesn't leave much room for me. I stayed in there until she went to sleep and then I went to sleep with Ann. I was back in bed with Caroline before she woke up in the morning. She didn't know the difference. I will have to delete this post before she is able to read. I don't want her to know I lied to her.

It is really funny. I never thought I would see the day when I slept in the same bed as Ann. Growing up I was never allowed to sleep with her. Aunt Anita would make me a palet on the floor next to Ann's bed. I never pushed my luck to get in the bed. I knew it wouldn't happen.

When I crawled into bed on Monday night with her it was odd. I kind of waited for her to kick me out. She didn't. She was really nice and shared the bed and covers with me.

I was tempted to push my luck with her. I love to hold hands. I don't really care with who. It is so comforting to me. Ann knows I love to hold hands and I know Ann does not care to hold hands. I almost asked if she would hold my hand, but I figured that would get me a palet on the floor.

I think I made a wise decision.

3 comments:

Jacqui said...

you're hilarious and odd. It's nice that you're so open with your thoughts...nice and kinda scary :).

Have a safe trip home!

Caroline said...

Nope. I wouldn't have held hands. But, I wouldn't have put you on a palet on the floor- you were too good to come and help me!

Abby said...

I was laughing out loud. I'm so glad Ann has you!! I use to worry about her because she didn't have a sister. Now I will never worry again.

Thinking of you sleeping on a palet on the floor cracks me up! Have fun vacationing. If your ever bored and want to come babysit my kids, you are so welcome. We'd love to have you!