Friday, April 3, 2009

A List For Your Enjoyment

Wow, it has been a whole week since the last time I posted and it seems like only a few days. I guess time flies when you are having fun. But, nothing really fun has been going on around here at the nest.

1. Monday I went to Nordstrom Rack, which is the Nordstrom outlet. GREAT DEALS!!! First, let me tell you that Jaime wears a size 15 shoe. Do you know how hard it is to find shoes for the boy? Sometimes impossible. I found 3 pairs of shoes for him at Nordstrom. I was so excited.

2. Tuesday morning we had a thunderstorm come through about 7:30 am. Lightning, thunder and hail really interrupt the sleep. I was awake and couldn't go back to sleep once the storm passed through. I enjoyed the storm and got lots done Tuesday morning. It is amazing what you can get done from 8am till 11am. It wasn't enough to convince me to get up early every morning.

3. On Wednesday as I was leaving Bible study my check tire light came on. I took my car to the dealership to have it check and of course it was going flat as I pulled up. Good news was the tire only needed to be patched which was FREE. Bad news was the FREE tire patch took THREE HOURS! Are you kidding me? The nice service man told me for future reference it usually doesn't take that long. They only had 2 guys working and usually they have 4. I hope nice service man realizes I don't plan on this being a regular occurrence.

5. Today we leave on a jet plane. I am really excited because we are headed to Washington D.C. So much fun. We are going to see the Cherry Blossoms. I have heard the blossoms are better than ever, but I don't really have anything to base that on because I have never seen a cherry blossom. We will be there over the weekend and come home on Monday.

6. I will probably miss the rest of basketball season. I am sure we will be touring the city on Saturday and miss both games. I know we will miss the National Championship on Monday night because it is during our flight home. This makes me sad, but none of the teams I picked are still in the tournament so I guess it really doesn't matter.

Hope you have a great weekend! See you Monday from D.C.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Why don't you let me go to D.C. for you. That way you can still watch basketball. I'll make the sacrifice for you!

Natalie said...

Where is the Nordstrom outlet?? Chris wears a 15 too and usually has to special order his shoes. You all have the best time in DC- I've never been but am dying to go. Take lots of pics!!! :)