Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Anniversaries Revisited

Most of all this post is for memory purposes. We have only been married 8 years and I have a hard time remembering what we have done for our anniversary.

We have done some really amazing things for our anniversary and I want to be able to look back and remember. Jaime and I had to really think hard about what we have done the past 8 years. After about an hour we had it all figured out. Here it is.

1st Anniversary:
We helped Jaime's grandparents celebrate their 50th Anniversary. It was wonderful celebrating our anniversary buy celebrating an amazing couple. We stayed at the Omni in downtown Corpus and had a room overlooking the water. It was so nice that I even got up to watch the sunrise. That was a huge deal. We ate dinner at Buelas in Port Aransas and ended the night by dancing on the beach.

2nd Anniversary:
I would say our 2nd anniversary was the oddest. We spent it in Amarillo. Jaime had depositions in Amarillo that he couldn't get out of. I think Paula thought it would be funny to send us to Amarillo for our anniversary. It ended up being really fun. We stayed at the Ambassador for our anniversary and the next night my parents came to Amarillo to see us. It worked out really well. We got to spend our anniversary together and see my parents.

3rd Anniversary:
Jaime totally surprised me for our 3rd anniversary. I thought we were going to have a low key evening. We went to dinner at Lavenders in Corpus. It was a wonderful meal. I thought we were headed home for the night. We lived on North Padre Island at the time. We were almost home when Jaime made an unexpected turn on the island. He rented a yacht for us to take a sunset cruise on. It was amazing. The yacht was gorgeous and the Laguna Madre at sunset was breathtaking. He did a really great job!

4th Anniversary:
Our best anniversary may have been our 4th. We drove to San Antonio for game 7 of the NBA Championship game between the Spurs and the Pistons. On the way to San Antonio Jaime gave me a beautiful David Yurman ring. I was shocked! It is still one of my favorite pieces of jewelry. The best part of the day was the Spurs winning the NBA title. It is an evening I will never forget! I asked Jaime on the way to San Antonio that day how he would ever top that anniversary. We are still trying to figure it out.


5th Anniversary:
For our 5th anniversary Jaime had some work he had to get done. His work was in the Dominican Republic and it had to be taken care of on our anniversary. Instead of him being gone our anniversary, Paula suggested I go with him. The part of the Dominican he had to go to was not the safest so we actually went to Puerto Rico. I stayed in Puerto Rico the entire trip and Jaime made a day trip to the Dominican to take care of his business. Puerto Rico was wonderful. It was a really quick trip, but it was the perfect way to celebrate an anniversary.


6th Anniversary:
We went to Seattle for our 6th anniversary. We had a great time. We took a tour of the harbor and even made it to Canada for a day. In Canada we took a Sea Plane Tour. I really did not want to get on a sea plane, but knew Jaime really wanted to. He would have never done it without me so I made the sacrifice. I had a death grip on his hand the entire plane ride, but he still loved every minute of it. It was okay for me and I just hope I never have to do it again. We also made it to 2 baseball games in Seattle. We got to see Seattle play the Reds and the Red Sox. So much fun!


7th Anniversary:
We were actually in San Antonio one the day of our anniversary and had dinner at Ruth Chris. To celebrate our anniversary we went to St. Louis for the 4th of July. We went to two baseball games while in St. Louis. We got to see the Cardinals play the Cubbies twice. What an anniversary!


8th Anniversary:
This year we kept it really low key. We have been on the road so much that we decided to stay at home. We talked about going away for a few days, but we have a wonderful house that we have not really enjoyed lately. This is the first time in a month that we have been home the entire week. It sure is nice. We enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Kirby's which included the best mashed potatoes I have ever had. We ended the night by sitting in our favorite chair watching a movie and some college baseball. This is exactly what I had in mind for our anniversary.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

You have had some really great anniversaries. I can sum all of mine up by saying we went out to dinner. Glad you posted this!

Abby said...

I love your anniversary style. I will get good info for North Padre/Port A eatting and such. We try to take Em to the beach every year and that is a managable drive for us!