Thursday, June 4, 2009

Decorating Sense

I have no decorating sense at all.  Despite that fact I am still trying.  I found some new bedding on the internet that I loved.  I called Ann and she said she loved it as well.

It was half off so I took the plunge and bought the bedding, but saved my reciept.  I now need some help deciding.  I like it, but I am not sure I love it.  Jaime on the other hand loves it.  He walked into the room and really told me he loved this.  This is huge for him so I am wondering if I should keep it for that fact.  

Grandma made me a quilt a couple of months ago and I finally put it on the bed.  It kind of matches the new bedding.


This is my favorite piece of the quilt.  The whole quilt was based on this piece.  I think this is my favorite quilt that Grandma has made.


Now for the big reveal of the bedding.  I know you can hardly wait.


So what do you think?  I have been wanting bedding this color for about a year and never found anything that I liked.  I also want to paint the bedroom.  I can't decide on the blue/green color or gold.  If I did gold it would go with my old bedspread and I could switch back and forth between the two.

Leave a comment with your vote.

4 comments:

Kara said...

Love the quilt... I want one!

The bedding looks good too. I think you should consider getting a blanket or coverlet that is a similar color to the dark color in your bedding and lay it across the end of your bed. I love to layer the colors and bedding. If I ever make up my bed again, I will post a photo so that you can see what I'm talking about!

Abby said...

Kara is a really good decorator and her idea about the coverlet is very cute...I think hotels do that now as well (Her ideas are so good, I just had her buy me the same bedding as her!). (That's how I decorate...I just copy!).

I love the idea of switching between beddings, but I think it might be harder to sleep in a gold room as opposed to a bluish colored room. I don't know that for a fact...someone out there has probably researched that all up. I'm sure whatever you chose will be lovely. Keep us updated

Jacqui said...

I agree that the quilt is gorgeous. And I think that if you like it and James loves it, then you should keep it just because he loves it. If he's like Kyle, he doesn't usually have a strong opinion on decorating. So when they voice an opinion, I think it's cool to go with them!

Caroline said...

I really like it. As you know, I love the colors. Now you need something to go on the wall over the bed. Tell Jamie I said you needed it.

I don't want you to paint the room gold. I'm tired of that color. But, that's just me.