Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Before and After

The bedroom is finally done. It is perfect!!! You don't really care about the story so let's just get to the pictures.

I love the new bedspread, but hated the lamps. They looked so little. I also hated how low the windows were. They went almost to the floor, but there was about 5 feet of wall space above the windows. It looked like our windows were way short for the wall.

I love this corner. We had a similar T.V set up in our house in Corpus and loved it. We asked the builder to build us this one. We love having a built in T.V. shelf that is up high. We can lay in bed and watch T.V. without straining our necks. I also love not using a piece of our furniture to hold the T.V.

I have had this chair since high school. It matched my bedroom perfectly in high school. It has made every move with us, but hasn't matched anything in a long time. It had been up in our game room for 3 years not being used. After looking for chairs and seeing how ugly and expensive they are I decided I had to make this chair work. It is really comfortable so I decided to save some money and have it re-covered. That was my best idea.

We never put anything on the walls in our bedroom. So plain and simple. BORING! Not anymore. Now it is like cozy and comfortable.

This is the view when you walk in the bedroom. Love it! My friend Lisa did the painting and my friend Brandi did the decorating. I love what they did with the room.

The T.V. corner all spruced up. I had those decorative canisters in a closet. I have a bunch of decorations that I have bought and never found a place for. I just store them in the closet until I or someone else finds a place for them. The closet is now running low. So glad Brandi used some of the stuff I already had.

I love the way the dresser looks. Brandi added more pictures and I love that. She also put this flower arrangement together and it is beautiful. She did such a great job with it and best of all it is red. Red is my favorite color.

The seating area is my favorite. I am now working in the bedroom. I love sitting there and editing pictures. I had this table upstairs in the game room with a different skirt. Brandi decided to use it and just make a new skirt.


The lamp and little box is perfect. I keep junk in the box that I might need while I am working. It hides my junk well.

This is another piece I had stored in the closet. I was in Gruene shopping and found it. I had to have it. It hangs above the door.

One of the hardest things about decorating for me is I don't really like paintings. I might like them, but I haven't really found a type of art I really love. Instead I really connect to the rod iron pieces. I love this one. It is all the right colors and is big enough for the wall.

This box sits on my nightstand and holds all the important things like the remotes. It is so cute and now I always know where my remotes are.

Don't you just love the seating area! I also had the picture that hangs above the seating area. Aunt Jennifer gave it to me for Christmas last year. I never found the right spot for it, but Brandi did.

The curtains are my favorite part of the room. Brandi made them and I really LOVE them! They make such a huge difference. Now you can't really tell where the window starts. The windows no longer look retarded. The curtains draw your eyes up to the ceiling.


Our bedroom is what they call a suite. We have an entry way with a little hall. When you walk in our bathroom is to the right and our closets are to the left. Past our closets is our bedroom. Lisa painted the hall and bathroom a different color. It is a deeper metallic bronze color. It is so rich and beautiful. When you walk in you see this mirror.
Brandi added this picture frame to the hall.

This is what you see right when you walk in the suite. I also got this sign in Gruene.

I really love the bedroom and entry. It makes such a difference. As you may have noticed I have about 8 different favorite things. Jaime also loves the new bedroom. His favorite part is the paint. He said he never thought it would make that big of a difference. It made a huge difference.

The pictures are great, but it is better in person. Come see us!

6 comments:

Caroline said...

Robin, everything looks beautiful!! I love everything you added- especially the paint and the curtains. Great job. I can't wait to come see it in person!

Abby said...

WOW!! It is totally amazing. I love it. It makes me want to redcorate my entire house. I need your friends to come and help me, both my living room and my bedroom need some serious help!!

I can't begin to name my favorite things because I just like it all so much. I do love the chair!!

We need to come and visit!! Maybe after Christmas!!

courtney said...

It looks fantastic!! It looks so cozy! I love everything you did, but I really love the chair. I love things that can be repurposed!

Kara said...

It is Amazing! I need your painters in a bad way. I'm painting my bedroom soon (with no help)...cry for me here just a little bit please!

I love the transformation the curtains made! It all looks great!

Jacqui said...

It's gorgeous!!! I love the ribbon on the lamp. It looks like a place you want to be!

The Blevins' said...

love it!! Totally beautiful. Way to go!