Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Chair

The Chair is finally complete and back at my house.  It took a lot for that to happen.  Two weeks ago this is what it looked like.





The chair was suppose to be ready on Tuesday.  I was told it would be ready in the afternoon.  I called at 1:00 and the lady told me it would probably be around 4:00 or 5:00 before it was ready.  I was in San Antonio so I went to Jaime's office to hang out and wait for the chair to be finished.  I didn't want to go all the way home and then have to go back into town to get the chair.  I should have gone home.  The lady called me at 4:00 to tell me there was no way it would be ready.  She was hand sewing the skirt so it was taking longer.

Hello?  I have to wait on the chair another day because you are hand sewing the skirt?  I was so impressed that she was taking the time to hand sew, but was upset she expected me to wait another day.  It had already been 2 weeks.  Believe it or not I made it to Wednesday.

Jaime was going to help me get the chair on Tuesday, but that didn't end up working out.  Of course he wasn't available to help me yesterday.  He had some big important deposition.  Deposition or Chair?  My choice was chair, but his priorities were different.

I had to ask my neighbor, Lara to help me.  She was willing to help partly because she is just as excited to see the chair as I was.  Yesterday morning we headed to the other side of the world to pick up this chair.  The nice chair recovering lady lives on the other side of town.  She lives about 45 minutes from my house with no traffic.

We made it to her house with minimal traffic and set our eyes on the beauty.  We got the beauty loaded up with no problem and headed home.  3/4 of the way home the lady calls me to tell me we forgot the seat cushion.  WHAT???  Are you kidding me?  No, she wasn't kidding me.  We really forgot the seat cushion.

I didn't have enough time to turn around and go back.  I had to get Lara home so she could pick up kids from school and I had to go workout.  Jaime offered to go get it today, but there was no way I was waiting another day.  After workout I went all the way back over there to get the seat cushion.  It was totally worth it because this is what it looks like.








9 comments:

jewels said...

oh my gosh so so so cute!! I love it. Total facelift.

courtney said...

oh wow! it looks fabulous! i love the prints! she did a great job re-upholestering it--it looks like it was made that way!

The Blevins' said...

that comment from Jewels was really from me, my mom was still signed into my computer.

Caroline said...

So cute. I love the fabrics you chose. She did a great job recovering it. Now, where is the rest of the room?

Abby said...

I love it too, but like Ann I feel like your teasing us, please show us the room!

Doneece said...

I think we should switch chairs! It's totally cute!

jennifer/brooks photography said...

LOVE the make over! Of course, I am a huge advocate for leopard print, so you had me at hello! I just knew you were a kindred spirit : )

Kara said...

so exciting! show us the rest of your room!

The Cork Crew said...

Oh my gosh. Boy does that chair bring back memories. Seems like yesterday your Grandmother was re-doing that chair to match your room at your parents house. IT LOOKS GREAT!! I'm glad you still have it.