Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Decorator Has Left the Building

Kalub came to visit me on Monday afternoon. I was so ready to see her and spend some time with her. It has been way to long since we hung out. The good news was she was ready to decorate. She is amazing and does such an awsome job. We have slowly transformed different rooms in the house. I love everything she does, but so far the dinning room is my favorite.

This time we, and by we I mean her, decided to tackle the living room and the guest bedroom. She worked on the living room a few months after we moved in, but it still needed a few final touches to it. Boy, did she give it what it needed.

Yesterday morning we shopped. We shopped really hard. We started about 10am and finished by Noon so we could workout. After workout the hanging and decorating began. We worked our butts off for a few hours and then made dinner and then right back to work. We finally finished about midnight and all the hard work was well worth it.

The fireplace needed a little help in the living room. It is so large that the things that were there looked out of place. Kalub fixed that and voila!

Doesn't it look amazing. I love it!!! Kalub does a really good job with arangements. I don't know how she does it, but she just puts everything in the pot and it comes out perfect. Not quite the same when I do it. She made the arrangement for the fireplace and it only took her about 30 minutes. It was crazy, but look how good it turned out.

The windows also needed a little help. We did not get shutters for the windows in the living room because we have a great view. We didn't want to cover it up, but the windows have needed a little decoration to spice them up. Kalub took care of it.

I love the curtains at the top! I can't say the same for the shears, but since we are still in the middle of the heat wave they will have to do. We got the shears when we first moved into the house because the afternoon sun comes in those windows. It is so bad you could basically take your lawn chair and put it in the living room to suntan. Anyways, the shears go up easily and come down easily. Hopefully they will come down soon.

Jaime and I don't have many things on the walls here at the house. We have never really been into art so the walls have stayed empty, until now. Kalub is working very hard to fill up the walls. These items were never meant to go together, but they ended up together and I love them. They are perfect together. We had orginally planned for the candle holders to go in a different place, but Jaime messed that up. It wouldn't really work in that place because he is so tall and we figured he would run into them all the time. So, they ended up here and I like them better here.

I know I mentioned we did the guest bedroom as well, but you will not see any pictures of it here. You must come to visit me to see the guest bedroom. I promise it is worth the trip no matter how far you live. It looks awsome.

Thanks for coming Kalub. I really appreciate it and had a great time doing it. I love everything you did and can't wait for you to come and do another room. You are an amazing decorator and friend. You decorating and spending time with you is exactly what I wanted for my birthday. Thanks again.

I am afraid the dinning room has a little bit of competition. I think I might like the living room now more than I like the dinning room. Come see me and we will decide together.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Wow! It looks amazing!! Send Kaleb to my house! And, when we come to visit please put the arrrangement on the fireplace away. It scares me to think my kids could reach it.