Monday, September 22, 2008

Long Weekend

We had a very long and busy weekend. I think it is because when you get up at 5:15am on Saturday you make a lot more of the day opposed to when you sleep till 11:00am. I am not sure I am convinced that the longer weekend was better. I might like my sleep more.

I should start from the beginning. Jaime and I started our weekend on Friday by having dinner with Wendee. We had planned on the four of us going to dinner for my birthday, but David decided he would rather go hunting than eat dinner with us. We had a great dinner at Ruth Chris without David, but we would have loved to have him there.


As I mentioned earlier Saturday started early. I got up and headed to The Loft to work. It was nice to be able to sleep a little late since The Loft is so close. We were really busy and it was fun meeting all the regulars there. Jaime of course went with me and worked while I worked. David and Wendee and the kids came in for some coffee and breakfast tacos before heading to Conner's football game. Jaime went to Conner's game and took pictures for me. Conner's team ended up losing, but if you ask Conner he will probably tell you they won and he scored a touchdown. I have to admit it does make for a better story.



I got done working about 10:30am which I wasn't expecting. I was suppose to work till 2:00pm, but some other volunteers came in to work so I got to leave early. It worked out perfectly. David and Wendee were going to a friends ranch for the night so we took the kids for the afternoon.

I took my three kids to Dave and Buster's for the afternoon. Jaime, Corbin and Conner all really enjoyed D&B. I have to admit it was a lot of fun. They played games and I watched. We did take a little break, but only long enough to eat. All the boys were back to the games once their stomachs were full. Corbin and Conner both won enough tickets to get the stuffed animal they wanted. After all the games we headed for ice cream. No better way to end the night than with ice cream. We dropped the boys off with their grandma and we headed home to bed. You can't stay up very late when you get up so early. Everyone was well behaved and got along. You can't ask for more than that with three boys around.

No comments: