Monday, September 8, 2008

I Caught Every Last One of Them

I had a wonderful weekend! I spent the entire weekend trying to catch every illness possible. I did an excellent job and caught everything I could think of.

It all started on Thursday. I woke up with a sore throat and it continued to get worse as the day went. By the afternoon I didn't have a voice anymore. It failed me completely. I went to the doctor Thursday afternoon and she said it was not strep throat, but it was really bad. She gave me a steroid injection and put me on antibiotics. I will no longer be able to compete in the Olympics because of my steroid use. I am very sad, but thankful for the shot. My throat was feeling much better by Saturday so my sinuses started acting up. I now have a terrible sinus infection that has moved into my lungs. It really is wonderful.

To top everything off, Jaime and I went to Corpus on Friday morning. Jaime flew in from Dallas Friday morning and Wendee was nice enough to take me to the airport so we didn't have two cars there. Jaime worked in the Corpus office all day and I got my nails and toes done. That was the best part of the weekend. We stayed with Jaime's parents Friday night. Jaime spent a lot of time with his grandfather and uncle Friday and Saturday. I stayed at Jaime's parents house and tried to infect everything possible. We came home on Saturday night and I went straight to bed. Jaime knew I was sick because I didn't even want to watch football Saturday night. That is a sad Saturday. I wasted a whole Saturday of football season that I will never get back.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

I'm so sorry you haven't been feeling well. Caroline has a stomach bug. Oh joy!

Jacqui said...

I got online to peek at what you've been up to. Sounds like fun! (other than the recent sickness). It was great to see all the pictures and your commentaries are hilarious :)