Monday, September 29, 2008

Weekend Wrapup

I have been really bad about blogging, but I have a really good excuse. I don't know anything. The only time I can blog is on Monday and Tuesday if I am lucky, depending on our weekend activities. We are so boring around here and I am afraid that is not going to change anytime soon.

We did have a wonderful weekend. My parents and grandma came to visit us this weekend. They got here Friday afternoon and as soon as they got here we got back in the car to head to Luling. We went to Luling to eat dinner with a lot of people. My aunt and uncle and lots of cousins and spouses met us in Luling for dinner before we headed to Gonzalez for high school football. I have a cousin that is a junior this year and plays quarterback and safety.

I think there were about 14 of us at the game. We were our own little cheering section minus Jaime. He was working in Dallas on Friday and didn't get home until really late. We had a great time and it was a very nice evening. The game didn't go so well for our team, but the company was nice.

Grandma holding my great cousin Libby.Drew #4

The other high light of the weekend came as a surprise. My dad's college roomate is the trainer for Southern Utah and they happend to be in San Marcos playing Texas State. Growing up we use to meet him and his family for summer vacations. We had so much fun with them, but I had not seen him in about 12 years. My dad gets to see him a lot more than the rest of us. We ended up spending about an hour with him in the afternoon and then went to the game. The game was good and Southern Utah won. Drew ended up going with us which was really nice. I get to see Drew play football often, but I never get to sit and visit with Drew. He is a really good kid and a lot of fun to be around.

That about sums up our weekend. Now back to work. Maybe something interesting will happen today for me to post about. Don't hold your breath.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Wow! Both Drew and Libby have gotten big! I may need to come for a visit.