Wednesday, September 17, 2008

We're Back!

We are finally back from our Philadelphia vacation. The entire trip was amazing, but it is nice to be home except for all the laundry. I spent all day yesterday doing laundry and I still feel like I will never finish. Who cares about the laundry, back to the trip.

Friday we slept late and were very slow getting ready. It was really nice. We haven't had a chance to do that in a long time. Once we finally got up and around we went and at lunch. We had philly cheesesteak sandwiches. James really liked it and I thought it was okay. After lunch we went back to the hotel and bought some tickets for the Phillies vs. Brewers game. I was so excited. One more ball park I could cross off my list. They told us it was suppose to rain and there was no way they would cancel the game because it was so late in the season. We spent the rest of the afternoon buying rain gear. Of course when we arrived at the staduim they had canceled the game. We were told to check back about the makeup game. Thanks so much.


Saturday we got up and around a little faster than Friday. James was up and ready to watch hurricane coverage because staying up till 2am was not enough for him. Saturday was all about seeing the sights. We went to the Liberty Bell, Betsy Ross' House and Constitutional Hall. It was all very interesting. The best was Constitutional Hall. To be able to sit in the place where are founding fathers were and so many presidents were was truely amazing.


Our last sight to see for the day was the Modern Museum of Art better known as the steps that Rocky climbed up. We had to see the steps, but no we did not run up the steps. Way to much effort on vacation.


After all the sight seeing we were pretty tired. We headed back to the hotel for a little nap before the Tech game. Of course the first thing I did Saturday morning was find a place for us to watch the Tech game at. The Fox and the Hound downtown said they would have the game on for us. We had a great time cheering on Tech. We were the only Tech fans there, but we didn't really care. As you can tell, I wore my game day shirt all day in order to support the Red Raiders.


Sunday was the day! We got up really early on Sunday morning to head to New York to see the Yankees. I was so excited. The drive was good and really easy. We hopped on the New Jersey Turnpike and we were at the staduim in an hour and a half. The staduim was amazing. It was unbelievable to be in the staduim that Ruth built. Just to imagine all the players that have played there over the years. It was amazing and I will never forget it. I am not a Yankees fan, but it was still fun. A Rod hit a grand slam in the first inning. Giambi hit a two run homer. Best of all Jeter hit three runs for the day which tied Lou Gehrig for most hits all time at Yankee Staduim. It was so cool and the place went crazy. There are only 7 more games that will be played at Yankee stadium.


After all the fun and sun (it was hot, very hot, like Texas hot) we headed back to Philadelphia for the Phillies make up game. I know it is crazy. It worked out so perfectly. The Yankees game started at 1pm and the Phillies started at 7:30pm. That gave us just enought time to drive back to Philly in order to make the first pitch of the game. It was crazy! I have never been to two baseball games in one day in totally different cities. I loved every minute of it.


That was pretty much the end of our trip. We were there on Monday, but Jaime was in a depo the whole day and I watched Sports Center most of the day. We flew home Monday night, but not without a little excitement. Our flight was canceled because it went through Houston so we ended up flying into Austin and driving the rest of the way home. It was worth it to sleep in my bed.

I will be back tomorrow with more pictures from the trip. I took 328 pictures with my new camera so I have plenty to share. I have to admit they are not as good as Pioneer Woman's, but maybe she will come down to Texas to give me some lessons.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

What a fun trip! I am super jealous!

Caroline said...

I'm jealous too.