Wednesday, September 3, 2008

WOW

Just so you know, this is going to be a long post. I have 4 amazing days to talk about. Lubbock was wonderful! We had a really good time and it was great seeing my family. I had really missed everyone.

It started on Friday when I got to pick Caroline up from school. I really enjoyed it. I got to see where she goes to school and then we spent the rest of the afternoon together. We went to the Tech store where she picked out everything she wanted. She did a great job picking out things for her. When it came time to pick stuff out for me, she was not as interested. I know it is more fun shopping for yourself so I understand where she is coming from. We finally got stuff both of us were pleased with and moved on. Next up was ice cream. You can't beat that. She had strawberry and ate all of hers and then ate half of my pink bubble gum. I was happy to share with her. After that we went to see my mom for a little bit and then went and picked John up from daycare. We played the Wii after dinner. Caroline loved the bowling, while her dad loved the tennis. I plan to get everyone hooked. Hopefully they will get one soon so I don't have to travel with mine. We had a great time playing and waiting for Jaime to arrive.

Saturday morning I got up and went and got my hair cut. It is short, but it looks good. I am still not sure how to fix it, but hopefully I will figure it out soon. I don't think it has ever been this short. After my hair was done Jaime and I went to get massages. It was wonderful. Jaime found someone who was strong enough to make a difference and I love my girl. She only worked on my back and shin splints and did a great job. I have already booked our appointments for next time we are in Lubbock. After all that we went to Ann's and Jeff's for lunch. We were only there for about an hour before we had to go home and get ready for the game.


Game time finally. We of course got there early to tailgate. We had barbque while we tailgated. It was finally time to go in and get the season started. It was great to be back in those seats watching the band get things started and then onto football. The game was great. The important thing is we won. We probably should have won by more, but at least we won. We played really good at times and not so good at other times. Hopefully we learned what we need to improve on for next game.


After the game we went and ate Mexican food and had margaritas. It was a great way to end a great day.

Sunday morning we got up and went to church as a family. We stopped off to see Caroline and John in Sunday School before we headed to church. They both looked so good in their church clothes. After church we ate a quick bit and then Doneece and I went to get Grandma. We took Grandma to the cloth store so we could pick out material for baby quilts. We were there for about an hour, but we got all the material. We then went home and organized it all for Grandma so she would know what went with what. It was so wonderful spending a couple of hours with her. She was in a really good mood and we all had a good time. After we took Grandma home I went over too Ann's. Jeff had taken the kids to the park so Ann and I got to visit for awhile with no interruptions.

Sunday night everyone came over to my parents house for my birthday party. Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Anita, Uncle Darrel, Ann, Jeff, Caroline, John, Mom, Dad, Doneece, Miguel and Jaime were all there. It of course was wonderful. Dad cooked fajitas, which were great. We all sat outside and ate dinner and then the kids played outside while the rest of us finished eating. It was perfect. We of course had cookie cake, cupcakes and homemade ice cream. It was all really good and the kids loved all the icing. They don't eat the cookie or cupcake, just the icing on top.


After everyone left we played the Wii. Doneece, Miguel, Jaime and I played tennis for a long time and then Dad played with us. We changed to bowling and Mom played with us. She really loved the bowling and got after it. She kept her form from her bowling days and almost ran into the T.V. everytime. It was hilarious. We really had a good time with the Wii.


Monday was a nice relaxing day. Mom started off by getting donuts for us. The best donuts are in Lubbock. I don't know what they do, but they are so good. Those are the only donuts I will eat. Jaime and I went to see the kids before we left. We got to play with them for about 2 hours. We played the Wii again and Jaime went on a walk with Jeff, Caroline and John. It was a lot of fun. It makes me so sad to have to leave my peeps in Lubbock. We all ate lunch at Rudy's which is Carolines favorite. By we I mean, Mom, Dad, Doneece, Ann, Jeff, Caroline, John, Jaime and I. We were a crowd, but everyone was well behaved. After that it was time to head to the airport.

That about sums up our weekend. It really was great and I miss everyone already. Thanks Mom and Dad for the party. It was lots of fun and the food was great. I really appreciate it all. October will be here before we know it and it will be time to go back for another visit and football. Can't wait.

4 comments:

Caroline said...

We had a great time and are ready for your next visit!

Abby said...

Looks like lots of fun!! Happy birthday to you! Your blog looks great, love the background!

Watch out for a wii-bo (that's what we call an injury due to wii playing!!). We have had several injuries due to excessive bowling!!

Alyssa said...

What a fun weekend! I love coming home to Lubbock to spend time with my family as well. It has become one fo my favorite vacation spots :) HAppy Birthday!

Sarah said...

That is the cutest picture of you and James at the game! I love it! Myabe next time you guys are here we can finally get together and you can meet Mayah.