Friday, September 19, 2008

Working Woman

It is official. I have become a working woman, but only for a little while and this one pays me. It will be so odd since lately I only do things where my services are free. I am going to be working at The Loft for a little while. The Loft is the coffee shop out by our house that The Foundry was modeled after.

First, I work tomorrow morning at The Foundry to make up for Monday. Cindy was nice enough to work for me on Monday while we were in Philadelphia. I picked up her Friday shift to pay her back. I am not really excited because it takes a long time to close shop on Friday, but it will be worth it for Philly.

Saturday I have to work at The Loft. Yes, that will be three days of getting up early. The good news is it only takes me 5 minutes to get to The Loft. I can sleep till 5:30am on Saturday. The thought gives me the shakes. I don't ever get up early on Saturday, especially that early. The good Lord sure is working on me.

Next week I will fill in some at The Loft while keeping my normal Foundry days. By October I will be working everyday. Monday and Thursday at The Foundry and Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday at The Loft with a few Saturdays. I am excited about working at The Loft. I love all the girls over there and hopefully it will give me a chance to meet some more people from our neighborhood.

The Loft is a little short due to maternity leave by Michelle. She works almost everyday and also does all the ordering for them. That is basically what I do at The Foundry. The Loft also has a bunch of staff going on a trip to Israel. If I would have known there were options of working at The Loft or going to Israel, I am pretty sure I would have picked Israel. I am sure my new camera would love to go there and take some pictures. Maybe next time.

Hope you have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Good for you! Now we can chat while we are both up early!