Thursday, September 11, 2008

My Birthday

I had a wonderful birthday!!! It did start out a little early, but it wasn't too bad. I got some presents at 5am so getting up early wasn't all bad. Jaime got me the camera I wanted and Paula got me some accessories for the camera. I got the same camera as Pioneer Woman so I am totally excited and can't wait to use it. It will take me awhile to figure it all out, but I am going to do a crash course before we start touring Philadelphia.

The Foundry was great this morning. We were busy which was nice and I had lots of phone calls and text messages. Caroline called me on her way to school. She was chatty Cathy this morning. We talked about everything from her feeling better to her moms windshield wipers. It was a very interesting conversation and I loved every minute of it.

Some of my wonderful co-workers came into the coffee shop on their day off to bring me a cake. Cindy and Michael planned it all out with the volunteers. It worked out perfect. It slowed down just long enough for them to sing to me and have birthday cake.

The cake was cute and really good. I love chocolate.

That would be me blowing out my 24 candles. That is all Cindy had which was fine with me. I am not sure we could have fit 4 more on there.

These are my wonderful Foundry friends. Michael, Joann, Cindy and Laura. Thanks so much to each of you for making my birthday a little more special. It was great!

After a wonderful morning at the coffee shop Jaime and I headed to the airport. We were on a direct flight from San Antonio to Philadelphia. Jaime and I took the last row on the plane to ourselves. It was perfect. We were able to stretch out and actually enjoy the 4 hour flight. We watched a movie to pass the time.

Once we arrived in Philadelphia we figured out we were staying about 30 minutes outside of town. With all the Ike preparations we didn't really look at the hotel. Jaime really didn't want to stay outside of town so we started calling around. We found that there was a Four Seasons right downtown. I know you won't believe me, but it ended up being the cheapest of all the other hotels we called. I was shocked. When I booked the room the lady asked me if we were celebrating anything. I told her it was my birthday. We have received the royal treatment since our arrival.

They upgraded our room to a suite overlooking this beautiful water fountain in downtown Philly. They also made us wonderful dinner reservations at a really nice steakhouse. The steakhouse was cool, but very different from Texas steakhouses. The craziest thing was the restroom was unisex. I know it sounds crazy. You walk in and there are stalls with L and M on them. You of course choose the appropriate stall and that is that. I ended up washing my hands with a man standing on each side of me. It was weird to say the least.

The food was wonderful and I really enjoyed it all. It is funny to see how other people live in a different city.


This definitely ranks up there as one of the best birthdays I have had. It was really wonderful. Thank you so much for all the calls and text messages. I really appreciate all of them and enjoyed talking to so many of my family and friends on my birthday.

We are sleeping in tomorrow morning so don't call me until after Noon. I am so excited about sleeping late and then we are going to tour the city. Don't worry I will take plenty of pictures and be back with more soon.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

How did you get my life? I was wondering where it went! Please return it ASAP!!