Thursday, October 9, 2008

Name Game

It is time for the truth to come out. My name is really not Spotted-Bird, as if you did not already know. It is my nickname which I am very attached to. Not many people call me Spotted-Bird, but some really special people call me Spotted-Bird.

It all started when I was a junior in high school. We were on a family vacation in Wyoming and the Dakotas. My wonderful Aunt Anita was along for the ride with us, which made it a much more entertaining trip. We had just got done seeing Mount Rushmore and we were having a discussion about me going to college. Aunt Anita thought I needed an interesting name to fill out my applications with. She thought it would give me a little extra pizazz. Let's be honest, I needed a little extra something for my applications.

Being the creative type she is, she started thinking of names that would make people more curious about me. Spotted-Bird was the perfect name for me. I have lots of freckles, hence the spotted part. You will have to figure the bird part out for yourself. I love my name and it will always have a special place in my heart. Thanks Aunt Anita!!!

I have another confession. Jaime's name is not really Jaime. That is my nickname for him. I am not sure he likes it, but it will be his forever. It all started when we were living in Corpus. I thought he needed a loving nickname from me. I am not sure when it started or really how it came about, but it has stuck. We have lots of friends that now refer to him as Jaime. I think it is cute. Maybe he can do a post about weather he thinks it is cute.

Sorry to let you down (the few of you that really do not know my real name). I am sure all of you really thought my real name was Spotted-Bird. Don't worry, if you yell out Spotted-Bird I will answer. I am not sure about Jaime. If you yelled out Jaime or his real name there is a good chance he would not answer. Maybe it is just when I yell out his name. I think he has selective hearing.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

What if I just call you Spot? Will you answer?

Natalie said...

I found you! I will add you to my list of blogs I read. Ours is
http://jonesfamilysanantonio.blogspot.com

So fun!