Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Sixth Picture

A lot of my blog buddies are taking a trip down memory lane and showing their sixth picture from their sixth folder on their computer. I decided to participate. All the other girls had really cute pictures to share. I have a ton of cute pictures so I figured I would share as well. Boy, was I supprised. I am not saying that my picture is not good, but I thought it would be a picture of some great vacation or a picture of Jaime and I or a picture of Caroline and John. I was way off.

I don't know these people. Jaime went to New Orleans about a week after the hurricane hit. They had worked on a case outside of New Orleans where they became good friends with this volunteer fire department. After the hurricane hit they called their friends in St. Amant to check on them. They said they were desperate for people to come help them. Jaime and a few of his co-workers took an R.V. and went to do whatever they could. These are the volunteers at the fire department in St. Amant that they went to help.

They were there for about 5 days and did tons of things to help out. They helped stock a warehouse full of supplies and food. They did go into New Orleans for a day and try to hand out food to those who needed it. It was an experience for Jaime. He has some great stories and you should ask him about them sometime.

I am happy that he went, but I was really hoping for a different sixth picture. I though about cheating, but decided that was not right. The whole point was for something different. You got it.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

That is a great picture- and a great reminder of our responsibility to help others. Thanks for sharing!

Abby said...

I think it's a great picture too! The story shows what kind of wonderful people you all are!! Love it and I'm glad you didn't cheat...maybe next time we will do a find your favorite picture in your fifth folder or something like that!!