Friday, October 24, 2008

Vegas Baby

Vegas came about very quickly. We always go somewhere for Jaime's birthday with his legal partner, Paula, and legal secretary, Toni. This year we weren't going anywhere because they were preparing for trial. Thank goodness the case settled last Friday. Vegas here we come. I made all the arrangements in about 30 minutes on Friday night and we left Saturday afternoon.

We had a great time. We did lots of shopping, eating and Jaime gambled a lot. I don't like to gamble. To me it is a waste. I have never won and only think about what I could have purchased with the money I lost. I would much rather walk around the mall and look then sit at a table and try to win money. Jaime on the other hand loves it. He has been dying to go to Vegas for the past 2 months. He loves to sit at the black jack table for hours. He will sit there until 5a.m. I will not!

The girls did a lot of shopping while he gambled. The shopping was wonderful as always and I did good. There was lots I wanted, but resisted.

The best part of the trip was eating at my favorite restaurant. It is SW Steakhouse at the Wynn. It is amazing. Makes me hungry just thinking about it. Of course the steak is amazing, but the french fries are out of this world. I am a french fry person, don't touch my french fries!

Dessert there is also amazing. We ordered 4 different desserts and shared.


These were funnel cakes with chocolate, white chocolate and caramel dipping sauces. They did not last long.We stayed at the Bellagio which is always decorated so beautiful. This time it was decorated for the fall. It is always amazing how much stuff they bring in to decorate with. I can only imagine how many hours it takes to construct everything.

Jaime and I dressed like twins for the trip home. It was not on purpose, I promise. Jaime and I have never dressed alike and probably never will again, at least not on purpose. He thinks it is goofy. If you and your spouse dress alike, I am sure you look good. I cringed every time someone had a comment about how cute we looked. I knew it was just making him mad and making me feel bad for not choosing my wardrobe better. But we did look really cute.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Please sign me up to attend James' birthday trip next year. Looks like you had a great time. I'm hungry after looking at your pictures.