Wednesday, October 8, 2008

What Happened?

Can you believe what happened to my Cubbies? After everything this season, I am so disappointed. We did great all season. We played tough and held onto the lead in the National League then when it matters most we can only make it three games.

I did good all season and didn't talk about how good we were playing and that maybe this was our year. I didn't want to jinks the team. Maybe I should have talked about it and we would still be playing. I just can't believe we played so good all season and then we only make it three games into the playoffs.

On a bright note, we have seen 2 of the teams play this season that are still in the playoffs. We saw Tampa Bay play the Yankees and we saw the Phillies play while we were in Philadelphia. I would like to see those two teams make it to the World Series. It is cool to say you have seen the best teams in the league play in person. The only thing is I would really like to see the Dodgers win the World Series. I hate what the Yankees did to Joe Torre so it would be fitting if the Dodgers won. Who knows who will end up in the World Series and who knows who I will root for. Actually I know I will root for the National League team because there not cheaters and actually make their pitchers bat. That is another post.

Have no fear, I still believe the Cubbies will one day win a World Series. I have no idea when it will be I just hope I will be alive for it. If the Red Sox can win a world series after so many years so can we. Here is hoping for next season. I still love my Cubbies.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

My confidence in the Cubbies appears to have been shaken much more than yours. I may be done with baseball.