Tuesday, October 7, 2008

In Loving Memory

The past week has been rough here at the nest. I got a call last Wednesday that Jaime's grandfather was not doing well and would probably not make it through the day. Jaime and I left for Corpus late Wednesday afternoon. We got there and had a few hours with Richard before he passed away.

He is in a much better place now and is no longer in pain. We are happy he has joined his wife with God. We are still extremely sad that he is gone. Richard was a great man and we appreciate everything he did for us.

Richard gave Jaime his first office out of law school. Jaime decided he wanted to work for himself so Richard gave him an office in his CPA firm. It was a blessing. Jaime didn't have to pay any rent that first year of practice. It was definitely a stress relief for Jaime not worrying about rent. Richard also gave Jaime a lot of business. Richard will definitely be missed by all.

Thank you so much to all of those that have been there for us in the past week. Seeing some of your faces at the funeral was very comforting. Also all the text messages and emails were appreciated. We definitely felt loved and comforted. Please continue to pray for us as we deal with this loss.

Psalm 23
"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."

2 comments:

Caroline said...

I'm so sorry. I've been thinking about your family and praying for you all.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post. You honored him well.