Monday, January 19, 2009

Blogs, Blogs and More Blogs

Things are very slow here at the coffee shop. I mean very slow. I am starting to think we should have been closed for the holiday. We have had 5 customers so far this morning and it is almost 9am. Usually by now we have had 15-20 customers.

In the down time I have been catching up on blogs. I have about 20 that I check daily. Some are people that I know and others are friends of friends and some are people I don't even know. Today I found a new blog. It is Kelly at Kelly's Korner. Big Mama lead me to her and then I found another friend that reads her blog.

Kelly and her family are in need of some prayers right now. She just had a baby girl that is in the NICU and not doing very well. I also have another friend, Natalie, who needs prayers. Natalie and her family go to church with us and we are in Sunday School together. You can check both Kelly's and Natalie's blogs for updates on their families. Take a little time to pray for both of these families today.

I love finding new blogs! Jaime thinks it is weird that I read about people that I don't even know, but I really enjoy it. What is your favorite blog? Is there a blog out there that I should be reading? Let me know.

3 comments:

Abby said...

Does Jamie read sports message boards. I tell Brian that my blogs are the same as his sports message boards about who A&M is recruiting.

I too just found Kelly's blog, saying lots of prayers for her sweet angel. I think you read all of the same ones I do. Because I basically read all of the ones Ann does. So many friends have added blogs in the last couple of months that I just don't have time to find new people's blogs that I don't really know.

Sorry you had to get up early for five people.

courtney said...

My husband thinks it's weird that I read other people's blogs, too. He thinks I'm crazy when I tell him a story that starts with, "My blog friend, so-and-so..." Whatever--he just hasn't tried it. If he did, he'd be hooked, too!

Do you use Google Reader or Bloglines? It's an easy way to keep up with the blogs you read (you can see who's updated without actually clicking on the blog). I now subscribe to about 90 blogs--ridiculous!

Caroline said...

Sorry if this posts twice- my computer froze when trying to post.

I think we read all the same blogs. I'm praying for Kelly's baby too. I'm so scared for her!

As you know, our husbands share the same feelings about blogs. I love them and have so many friends now- even if many of them don't know me!