Monday, January 5, 2009

Hello Again

So nice to see you again. It has been a very long time and I am sorry for that. I have been off work since the 22nd of December and have spent 3 nights at my house since then. We have been a little busy to say the least. Hopefully things will be back to normal now.

Since it has been so long since I have posted let's just pretend that today is Christmas Eve. We have to start somewhere. I have so much to tell and one post will not be enough so we will pretend that this week is Christmas Eve, Christmas, Christmas again and New Years. It will be so much fun.

Merry Christmas Eve! We had a wonderful Christmas Eve with my family. Jaime and I spent the morning wrapping up a few final Christmas purchases. I had a few more things I needed to get and Jaime hadn't even started shopping yet. He waits till the last minute to shop for every occasion. I always know he will be a little late coming home on my birthday because he has to stop at the mall. I guess all that really matters is he comes home and he always has a great present with him.

After wrapping up the shopping we stopped by to see the kids. They were so excited to see Jaime. He hadn't been around them yet so they had lots of fun playing. After a little play time it was back to the house to wrap the final presents. Thanks to my sister for wrapping all of Jaime's presents for him. He is challenged in the wrapping area.

Christmas Eve night was spent at my Aunt and Uncle's house. We had a wonderful Mexican dinner with margaritas. The food was from my favorite Mexican food restaurant in Lubbock. The food was great, but the company was better. Aunt Anita had a princess tent set up for Caroline and the kids and Jaime spent hours in the tent playing. They thought it was so fun to have Jaime playing with them in the tent. They all laughed and laughed and laughed.

As you can probably tell my favorite aunt has a twin sister who is my other favorite aunt. They are so much fun and the best aunts anyone could ever ask for. We had a great time and really enjoyed watching the kids open presents.

After dinner we headed to church. Christmas Eve services are my favorite part of Christmas. I love being there and really celebrating the reason for the season. I start crying when the church goes dark and the choir walks in holding candles singing O Come Emanuel. I can't help crying through most of the service.

It was a really wonderful Christmas Eve. Now it is time for bed so Santa can come visit us. Come back tomorrow to see what he brought us.

Back in real time. Happy Birthday Doneece!!! Thanks mom and dad for having another child so I had someone to fight with. Growing up wouldn't have been the same or as much fun without Doneece.

3 comments:

Abby said...

I love that your having Christmas all over again. It goes by too fast!

Jacqui said...

You're a dork! But, it's going to be fun reading about your Christmas this way :)

Caroline said...

Fun times. However, I didn't give you permission to post pictures of me or my double chin. I'm working on it!