Monday, January 12, 2009

Christmas Finale

I promise this is the last post about our Christmas. I know it is January 12th and I am still posting about Christmas, but that is how it is going to be. You can stop reading now if you are tired of hearing about Christmas. Believe me, I stopped reading this along time ago.

After a few days in Lubbock we headed to Corpus to see Jaime's family. We had a wonderful time with them and enjoyed being able to stay a few days and just hang out. Popsci was off work so Jaime and him were able to hang out a lot. We missed Popsci at Thanksgiving so it was nice that he was off work.

After a few days in Corpus we headed back home for a day. We spent New Year's Eve at our house with some of our closest friends. We have been spending New Year's Eve with them for the past 4 years. Hopefully the tradition continues forever.

We always have a nice dinner and then sit around and talk trying to make it till midnight. Some years are easier than others. This year I was ready for bed at about 8pm, but made it till midnight. After dinner we all sat outside by the fire and played washers.

Forgive poor Aliah for her hand sign. She doesn't know any better. She just knows it drives me crazy!!!It was a wonderful night. It was cold outside, but not too cold. He had wonderful evening with wonderful friends. Welcome 2009! I can't wait to see what 2009 has in store for those of us at the Nest.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

I can't believe you would have friends that would flash such signs! Looks like a great holiday. Your New Year's Eve looked just like mine.

Abby said...

I wish I were done with Christmas, I am just now getting all of my Christmas stuff put up!

Looks like you all had fun!