Friday, January 9, 2009

I Was Wrong

I know I said that I would post everyday this week, but it just didn't workout for me. I had to work three days this week, which I know is not a lot for some of you. For me it is a ton especially since I have to be up at 4:30. By the time I get home and take care of things around the house it is time for dinner. Once I cook dinner I am ready to eat and go to bed.

This is how bad it is. There were two final football games on this week. Do you know how many I watched? None!!! I started both games, but didn't even make it close to the end of the game. This is very sad. I missed the final two games of the year and now have to wait till August for it to start again. I will be sad for a little while.

This week had been crazy busy, but lots has gotten done around here. Last weekend we got all the Christmas stuff taken down. That was my main goal. I was tired of it being up and ready for my house to go back to "normal."

Tuesday after work I ran a bunch of errands and went to workout. That never happens and I was very proud of myself. After working all I want to do is go home. The last thing on my mind it working out, but I did it and it wasn't that bad.

Wednesday was a day of chores at the house. I had a migraine that day so things got done very slowly, but they got done. The best part about Wednesday was making Tater Tot Casserole. It was always one of my favorite things grandma made growing up. It had been forever since I had it. It took a little long to cook, but I figured it out and next time it will be perfect. The meal turned out great. It was just like I remembered! I cried for a minute while eating. Grandma made it a lot and I loved it. She is to the point now that she doesn't remember making it. It made me very sad to think about all we have been through with her. From now on we will probably be eating Tater Tot Casserole once a week.

Yesterday was interesting. I woke up at 4:30 to go to work with a migraine hang over. My head didn't hurt like a migraine, but it didn't feel good. I made it through work okay, then on my way home Wendee called to tell me Conner broke his arm on the playground at school. Poor thing!!! He is having surgery this morning so please keep him in your prayers. He was excited about missing school, but not about surgery.

Jaime got a new T.V. for our bathroom for Christmas. He really wanted a T.V. in there so he could watch the financial news in the morning while he is getting ready. I know, it sounds like so much fun. Hopefully, I will not have to watch with him. Anyways, the cable man had to come and add a cable outlet in our bathroom yesterday. He was not very bright. I think he thought since I was a girl there was no way I knew what I was talking about. He must not know who raised me. He thought the motor for the jet bathtub was the cable. He then thought the sprinkler system was the cable. I continued telling him no and he would not believe me. I told him where the outlet needed to be mounted and he didn't believe me. Finally, he called another guy to come help him. He new guy completely understood everything right from the start and got it done. They did end up being here for 3 hours for a job that should have taken an hour. Oh well, it is done and the electrician is coming this weekend and the geek squad is coming on Tuesday. We should have a new T.V. in our bathroom by Wednesday morning for the financial news.

That is about it here at the the nest. I have more errands to run today and the plumber is coming at some point. I forgot to mention that the garbage disposal stopped working last night after dinner. Fun times! Hopefully next week I can finish up posting about Christmas and New Years, but don't hold your breath.

2 comments:

Abby said...

Even though your granmda doesn't recall Tater tot casserole I am glad she gave it. It's the little thins that make the best gifts. One day you will make it for your grandkids and they will love it as well! I totally understand what your going through.

One day post the recipe and we too will remember your grandma and enjoy her casserole.

courtney said...

i agree with abby. post the tator tot casserole recipe. mmmmmmmm!